[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /ck/ I don't usually come here but anons on other
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2458x1565) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2458x1565
Hello /ck/
I don't usually come here but anons on other boards told me it's really funny.
Is it true that none of you can actually cook and all you do is argue about junk food and youtube videos?
This place seems kind of retarded really.
>>
>>7063763
it's true. /kek/s of ck are literally the most retarded of all of 4chan or any chan for that matter. They only know about fast food and sometimes when there is someone who can actually cook he or she is hated upon. It's not really funny it's actually pretty sad
>>
Yeah, it's partially true. Many anons only care about fastfood, junkfood, and that one youtube kek whose name I forgot. I think it was Jack.
Some of us however can cook and like to share recipes and food suggestions. If you dig deep, you'll find all kinds of OC threads and stuff.
Here's a couple things you should not talk about:
>chili and beans
>carbonara
>five guys
>sceak
>veganism and vegetarianism
>how far you should cook a steak
>ketchup
>flyover cuisine
Just off the top of my head.
>>
>>7063775
What the fuck. Since when does 4chan replace that word with kek?
>>
>>7063777
checked' desu senpai kek
>>
>>7063777
New here then?
>>
>>7063777
desu senpai baka senpaitachi peepeepie kawaii uguu omo helvetica kek

>he doesn't know the filters
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>7063772
I dont know much about cooking but from what ive seen here this board is pretty ignorant.
Pic related: lunch I made.
>>
>>7063786
>>7063788
No, I'm just not a faggot who spews those memes at every chance I get. Gaze upon my trips and despair.
>>
>>7063791
>calls others ignorant
>posts """that"""

what even is that
>>
>>7063791

wooooo microwaved cheese you sure deserve the high ground
>>
>>7063763
Like one of the other anons said, there are some people that actually like to cook on this board. You usually see them in OC threads, cook alongs, and threads about specific types of cooking. Otherwise, it's been jack and fast food shills for the last 1-2 years. Food Pics From X Country are usually pretty good threads too.
>>
No, fuck off.

>>7062937
>>
>>7063763
I'm developing a hot sauce and got awesome feedback and great marketing ideas from /ck/, so yeah.

It's like everything in life, it's only as retarded as you want it to be.
>>
>>7063775

>that one youtube kek whose name I forgot

It's funny how the only people who post in meta-threads obviously don't even frequent the board.

We are spammed with multiple ja/ck/ threads every day. Even if you hate it you should know his fucking name by now...
>>
>>7063763
Outside of /b/ we do seem to attract a signicant amount of retards.
>>
File: baconkid.gif (103 KB, 550x250) Image search: [Google]
baconkid.gif
103 KB, 550x250
>>7063763
>This place seems kind of retarded really.

needs more bacon
>>
>>7063843
To be fair, the same is true of every board, if you can't handle retards you shouldn't be on 4chainz tbqhwy
>>
>>7063775
>that one youtube kek whose name I forgot. I think it was Jack.
>>7063833
Learn to reading comprehension, you chucklekek
>>
File: Mommy.jpg (22 KB, 400x387) Image search: [Google]
Mommy.jpg
22 KB, 400x387
>>7063847
>if you can't handle retards
>>
>>7063858

You don't come off as "cool" by pretending you are unaware of the problems on a board you frequent.
>>
>>7063867
You don't come off as cool by pretending to be unaware what the poster you quoted said
>>
>>7063871

Give it up, anon.
>>
>>7063847
This really, /ck/ doesn't have a significantly different proportion of shit threads and retards to most of the other boards, it just has less of the froth of threads carried by vicious arguments simmering at the top to make it look active.

It's pretty rare to have a thread shoot to autosage in the space of a day, whereas most other boards have a handful of threads like that constantly.
>>
Not having a sticky is half the problem really.
A sticky would stop the shit posts being repeated.
>>
>>7064027
>2015
>being lawful stupid IRL
>>
>>7064027
>le /ck/ sticky maymay

Every time
>>
>>7064047
>>7064042
Not him, but what's the problem?

Maybe it would stop manchildren college students asking how to cook rice.
>>
>>7064079
>I don't want to talk about food on a food board
you could go somewhere else, you know.
>>
>>7064085
That's not what I said or he said and it didn't answer my question at all.

Quit that pissy, passive aggressive attitude and try again.
>>
>>7063775

>that anon who made paella step by step and literally nobody responded to the thread except for me.

jesus fuck, I hate /ck/ so fucking much.
>>
>>7064079
I want a sticky too but I mean, we can't even agree on how to cook rice when the weekly thread does come up. It's just fifty posts of "everyone before me is an idiot, here's the REAL way", until someone finally points out that there are different kinds of rice.
>>
>>7063832
hey hot sauce bro! how is your business going?
>>
>>7064100
I post cookalongs occasionally, and I deliberately make it seem like I have no clue what I'm doing until the final result, because no one really posts if the only comment is "looks nice".
>>
why hate m8 just enjoy the food and live life shout out to anons nachos >>7063791i enjoy thoses bb dont let anyone get you down
>>
>>7064079
A sticky would be nice. It wouldn't have to contain recipes just the basic techniques such as cooking rice, making a roux or a soffrito. Y'know the simple foundations that all cooking is based on.
>>
>>7063833
I come here all the time and I've somehow managed to not remember that name except when looking at it. Any thread on any board that looks to be about some youtube moran I ignore. I recommend more people adopt this policy.

Frequenting a board does not mean frequenting all the threads on it. See also: /tg/
>>
>>7063763
well its true that I'm a shitty cook but I mostly lurk and try to pick up on some good habits and cheap stuff to buy that won't kill me so I don't think I count.
I do see quite a few decent threads with good information made by people who are decent at cooking.
if you come at this board and expect professional chefs to educate you then of course you will be dissapointed but if you just want to learn to make a decent, healthy reasonably cheap meal without spending hours then /ck/ is quite decent
>>
Actually picked up a few tips here at /ck/, but i am far from good
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.