[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Unpopular /ck/ opinions thread. Share opinions that /ck/ considers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 9
Unpopular /ck/ opinions thread.

Share opinions that /ck/ considers heretical.

I'll start:

> Ramen is generally gross.
> Carbonara can have cream in it.
> American south/west cooking is one of the best cuisines in the world.
> Chinese food (with a few exceptions) kind of sucks.
> German food is alright.
> Eastern European food is even worse than British food.
> Thai food is good but overrated.
> French food is overrated.
> Almost all creations posted on this board involving layers of meats, sauces and cheeses combined in "crazy" new ways, look absolutely disgusting.

Pic very much related to that last point.
>>
tabasco is better than sriracha.
>>
>>7062757
>Ramen is generally gross.
Ramen is good but we hate it because college students who don't want to put effort into cooking will come here asking for "Ramen Hacks"

>American south/west cooking is one of the best cuisines in the world.
It is one of the best in the world

> Chinese food (with a few exceptions) kind of sucks.
> German food is alright.
> Thai food is good but overrated.
> French food is overrated.
Now you're just posting shit to get attention

> Almost all creations posted on this board involving layers of meats, sauces and cheeses combined in "crazy" new ways, look absolutely disgusting.
This is only heretical if you're from reddit

Enjoy your (You)
>>
>___ is overrated

get over yourself you cunt
>>
>>7062769
You can't say Southern American cooking is the best then say French Cooking is overrated you gobber
>>
>>7062850
I fucked up my post but basically you're contradicting yourself anon.
>>
>The American hamburger is by far the least offensive cultural cuisine in terms of how intrinsically unhealthy it is.
>>
>Black coffee is disgusting
>>
>>7062895
i agree. i honestly just hate coffee all together.
>>
Bacon is disgusting
>>
>>7062769
I like german food.
>>
>>7062757
I Agree OP
>>
Steaks are not fancy food unless you're poor.

There's no reason to spend time learning to cook "the perfect steak".
>>
File: GWOqbBx[1].jpg (114 KB, 709x531) Image search: [Google]
GWOqbBx[1].jpg
114 KB, 709x531
Alcohol is disgusting and destructive. If you drink I will immediately look down on you and see you as a lesser being.
>>
>>7063554
>If you drink I will immediately look down on you and see you as a lesser being.

That's funny, I do the same thing with people who don't drink
>>
>>7063542

is it only worth learning to cook something if it's 'fancy'?

isn't it kind of important to learn how to sear a piece of meat in a pan to a specific doneness? don't you think this knowledge might be applicable to a lot of other things? isn't the utility you get from cooking something more important than the 'fanciness' of it? do people only learn to cook omelettes or stews because they're 'fancy'? have you experienced ejaculation yet?
>>
File: giphy.gif (840 KB, 625x446) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
840 KB, 625x446
>>7062901
try it with butter
>>
>>7063554

haha you're a faggot.
>>
>>7063554
So any inebriant or just alcohol? What about cooking with alcohol?
>>
Ketchup ruins food
>>
>>7062872
That award goes to pizza, my friend.

Even a cheeseburger has some semblance of protein and sometimes vegetable matter. Pizza is cheese on bread with a tiny bit of sauce and greasy "meat" on top.
>>
>meat is murder
>>
>Ramen (real ramen, not that store bought shit) blows Pho out of the water.

>Sushi is good, but doesn't deserve the high price and chic image.

>Steaks are horrifically overpriced in restaurants to that point that they're virtually never worth buying when you're out at one.

>Bacon is culturally overrated.
>>
>>7062757
what kind of retard thinks carbonara can't have cream? it's literally one of the base ingredients
>>
File: Last_Crusader.jpg (864 KB, 1024x1009) Image search: [Google]
Last_Crusader.jpg
864 KB, 1024x1009
>>7062757
vodka is clearly the best form of booze
vape pens/e cigs aren't half bad and can help recovering addicts^
why don't you like onions
mushrooms are not the truwitemans food and taste like the soil they come from
blue cheese is nasty
if you are in NY get a fucking corned beef sammie and slicca of pretza, the "locals" dont know whats best
del taco and in n out are objectively the best fast food options
my uncle did not commit murder
taco bell has been lacking hard in the last few years on quality, trying to get me to drop 3-4 bucks for a cheesy gordita crunch when they put little to no cheese inbetween the shells fuck that
never eat the booty
>>
>>7063554
I found that people who dont drink for non medical reasons are weird as shit and I dont trust them. Not everyone that drinks is a drunk and humans have been doing it for thousands of years. Its part of who we are.

Heres my unpopular opinions.
>all curry is gross and smells like shit
>pancakes and waffles are filler/a waste of time
Get that crap outta here.
>my ideal breakfast is a bowl of grits with some scrambled eggs in there with salt and pepper and some buttered wheat toast
Everyone around me seems to hate grits but they are baller as shit, i could eat grits everyday.

Also im not sure if this is unpopular or not but do sandwiches taste better if someone else makes them? A girlfriend sandwich is so much better than a sandwich I made myself for some reason.
>>
>>7064681
But all of this is true.

You know what, I think uncured sliced pork belly is going to be the may may food of the future. Its going to replace bacon strips. The epic meal time bacon shit is getting tired and worn out even to normals.
>>
>>7064639
You appear to think he said the opposite of what he said. he isn't greentexting sarcastically. he's saying that burgers aren't actually that bad compared to stuff like mexican or italian carbMountains, or whatever british people do to their organs.
>>
The best topping for tendies is ketchup.

The best kolaches are with plain sausage and nothing else. No cheese, no jalapeños.

Not sure if it's unpopular or not, but I prefer tacos without cheese.

I don't like ice cream. It's too cold and dairy disgusts me. (aside from cheese on certain things)
>>
>>7062757
Mainly this:

> Like my meat extremly well done. No blood
>>
>>7062757
I actually like a pizza that is one day old
>>
>I fucking hate onion, I never cook anything with onion, which makes my dishes a little "unusual" since there's that "no onion" twist added
>Korean food is shit
>British food in under appreciated

>>7062895
I'm with you.
>>
File: British ''cuisine''.jpg (131 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
British ''cuisine''.jpg
131 KB, 800x600
>>7065148

>Korean food is shit
>British food is under appreciated

I think you got those two mixed up there buddy.
>>
>>7064865
Typically mexican tacos don't have cheese on them, that's a more american thing. Delicious either way, but if you're not down with cheese you should hit up a place that has a mostly mexican clientele.
>>
>>7064936
i too enjoy eating leather
>>
>>7062757
Sushi is hipsterfood
>>
File: harold-minerals.gif (145 KB, 600x347) Image search: [Google]
harold-minerals.gif
145 KB, 600x347
>unpopular opinions
>people getting buttblasted over differing opinions

Can't make this shit up.
>>
>Icing, marshmallows, and really, most cakes are grotesquely oversweet- my perfect dessert is lemon meringue pie
>Bacon is generally vile
>Bland is not necessarily "bad".
>That being said, good curry lovingly made is great.
>Bhel puri is the best snack
>Gin and absinthe blow all the other white spirits out of the water with the exception of mezcal.
>Szechuan cooking and dim sum best
>Of what "Traditional" american food I've tried, much is oversalted and oversweet
>That being said, of the BBQ I've tried, Texan and Kansas are nicest. NC bbq is nice, but I don't really think of it as such
>People reeing over hipster/pretension in food is infantile at best
>People who "dislike" onions, leeks and garlic live sad, empty and unfilfilled lives.
>Coors is an abomination.
>>
>I don't see any reason for adding sugar into a fruit based pie.
>>
>>7065168

you better stop talking shit about stargazy pie or I'll push your teeth down your throat you nonce.
>>
>>7064782
There is love in her sandwich, yours is full of regret and spite
>>
>>7065599
Bland is bad. Mild, subtle, plain, etc is not.

Bland implies an absence of something that should be there. It's a word with inherently negative connotations.

I get what you mean though.
>>
>>7066832
Well for me, mashed potatos with only salt, butter and cream aren't bland, they have a subtle taste. /ck/ doesn't agree. Meanwhile /ck/ goes crazy when you mention how sushi is bland.
>>
>Central Asia and Caucasus cuisine is underrated.
>Chinese is overrated. Dim sums are not even in top 10 of dumplings
>Mexican food have little variety
>Pickled vegetables are underappreciated.
>>
>>7063554
I did this for a while, until I've noticed have much of a dumbfuck I was. Decent drinking keeps me sane, keeps my feet on the ground.

>>7062757
all of this is true, but the french food statement. Honour to whom honor is due.

>>7063379
not exactly disgusting, but it can ruin a whole recipe if you don't know what you are doing.

>>7064618
ketchup: this seems to be a popular opinion here. nevertheless I think it's still one of the best condiments around. But:
> BBQ sauce is really disgusting
>>
>I think Russian and British foods are pretty hearty and good

>I think americans are way too defensive when it comes to discussing their cuisine

>Having any sides or sauces with a steak is heresy

>Feta cheese is perhaps the worst tasting cheese of them all
>>
>>7067406

>Feta cheese is perhaps the worst tasting cheese of them all

Amen.
>>
>>7067406
>Americans
>Cuisine

Pick one
>>
>>7062757
>Olives, black or green are an abomination
>Mushrooms, any mushroom really, is disgusting to the point of vomiting
>If you eat capers and anchovies together you are a subhuman plaebian
>Pancakes are dessert, not a main course.
>>
>>7067441

>he doesn't enjoy olives
>implying mushrooms aren't one of the most delicious things that the earth has blessed is with
>he hasn't had savory filled crepes

If your taste buds can't comprehend mushrooms that may be a sign that you just have to end it you know...
>>
>>7066905

>/ck/ goes crazy when you mention how sushi is bland

Because this is a Japanese image board, you'd be surprised how many disgusting weeaboos are on the other side of the screen, clinching their body pillows and posting disgusting Jap foods that they've only seen in anime.
>>
>>7062757
>Eastern European food is even worse than British food.
I assume you are Đ¿Đ¸Đ´opac.
>>
Diet soda tastes better than regular soda

regular feels like drinking a can of soda-flavored maple syrup; it's way too thick.
>>
>>7062757
>adding cheese to a dish generally does not improve it
>Almost all of the chicken available in America is absolute garbage
>Italian American food is vastly overrated
>meals composed of a meat and a few side dishes are boring as fuck
>no fast food tastes good after the second or third bite
>people who bitch about vegetarians/vegans are more annoying then vegetarians/vegans themselves
>beef and chicken are massively overrated - pork and lamb are the god tier meats
>French cuisine is more relevant for its influence than the food itself
>Indian, Lebanese, Mexican and Vietnamese are the best cuisines, in that order
>drinking milk, juice or soda is childish
>in general cocktails are bullshit
>sugar really isn't that tasty
>
>>
>>7062757
And yet another thread is allowed up where the op shitposts.
>>
File: kraft parm.png (108 KB, 164x326) Image search: [Google]
kraft parm.png
108 KB, 164x326
kraft parmesan is really good.

i keep both real parmigiano-reggiano and kraft parm in my house. one isn't a substitute for another. they're both very distinct products with different uses.
>>
>>7067620
OP is always Đ¿Đ¸Đ´opac
>>
>>7067737
>they're both very distinct products
agreed
>with different uses.
I can't imagine a use for green can cheese. Please enlighten me.
>>
Cheese is nice.

Melted cheese is disgusting, putrid and I will refuse to eat anything with melted cheese on it.
>>
File: sketti.jpg (175 KB, 750x563) Image search: [Google]
sketti.jpg
175 KB, 750x563
>>7067829

kraft parm is powdery and doesn't melt. i just really like the texture/body it gives pasta. especially plain or lightly-sauced pasta.
>>
>>7062757
There has never been an instance when "Homemade is better" was true.
>>
>>7067870

However there are several instances where homemade is cheaper!
>>
>>7067870
Wow, you got me with that one. You must only know terrible cooks. The only instances I can think of where homemade isn't better are very good restaurants.
>>7067863
I can not think of any instance where I'd find "powdery" is desirable in cheese.
>>
>>7067877
>The only instances I can think of where homemade isn't better are very good restaurants.
I think that was the point.
>>
>>7067902
When people say "homemade is better" they aren't saying it's the absolute best, that nobody can beat it. They are trying to say it's better than chain restaurant shit or supermarket meals.

>>7067871
Just read what I said to the other guy then go take your autism meds.
>>
>>7067921
>When people say "homemade is better" they aren't saying it's the absolute best, that nobody can beat it. They are trying to say it's better than chain restaurant shit or supermarket meals.
No, I don't think that's what they mean.
>>
>>7067863

So it doesn't bother you that it tastes like snot?
>>
>>7067953
>not liking the taste of snot
pretty pleb honestly
>>
Anyone who calls it sriracha sauce should be killed
>>
>>7068199

Mah nigga
>>
Green peppers are pretty shit, especially raw. Red and yellow peppers are superior in every way.

Flyover-style "Japanese Steakhouses/Hibachi" is uniformly awful and I in no way understand the appeal.

People who don't appreciate roast chicken skin or the fat on meat don't truly appreciate food.

Vegan food can be good, but there's no reason to do it all the time (except for health reasons).

Pork chili > beef chili. No beans in either, though.

Picky eaters are emotionally immature. See: half this thread.

Every cuisine has great dishes, and every cuisine has tasteless fucks messing it up.

Bagged pork scratching/chicharrones is the worst iteration of that dish. Go fresh or go home.

Cheddar cheese is shit on burgers or hot sandwiches unless it's been broiled or browned. 90% of the time American is the superior choice.
>>
>>7068257
What is it called?
>>
>>7064782
>I found that people who dont drink for non medical reasons are weird as shit and I dont trust them. Not everyone that drinks is a drunk and humans have been doing it for thousands of years. Its part of who we are.
True. Even those crazy prudes who wrote the bible and forbid to make clothes from 2 kinds of fabric had a god who did some winemaking magic so a party could continue
>>
>>7067212
Pickled vegetables on a roast beef sandwich is god tier.
>>
>>7062857
Just because two things are very different, it doesn't necessarily mean that both are not good in their own way.
>>
>>7066832
Bland is not necessarily bad, but it does have a negative connotation.

Similar to the word ignorant.
>>
>beans in chili differentiate it from being only a spicy meat sauce.
>>
>>7063556
Not the guy you responded to, but get over yourself, you elitist dick. You both should. I fucking hate you people who look down on others because they drink/abstain. Fuck you.
>>
>>7068527
I demand an apology for the way you just spoke about me.
>>
>>7068540
I'm sorry you're such a stupid bitch
>>
>>7068639
No.

I want to see you GROVEL for my forgiveness.
>>
>>7067737
This.

Real parmigiano should be used IN stuff, while I find powdered parmesan to be useful a great topping for soups and spaghetti.

>every once in awhile I like to make spaghetti with regular can sauce, unseasoned beef, and topping it with a ton of powdered parmesan.
Shit's comfy as fuck.
>>
i honestly don't care how other people want to cook or eat food that they bought with their own money

you want a well done steak with mayo? knock yourself out, i'm not your boss

its made this board a lot more bearable
>>
>>7068844
>even giving a shit in the first place
welcome to the club though
>>
>Candy/sweets are terrible. The sheer amount of sugar makes my teeth ache just thinking about it.
>Pineapple is disgusting.
>Artichokes are good
>Peas are absolutely disgusting, unless directly off the vine.
>Pizza is mostly terrible.

This is pretty universal, but:
>Vegan Cheese belongs in the trash.
>>
>>7067724
>sugar really isn't that tasty

non-mammal detected!
GTFO mr lizzardman
>>
File: im ready for your rage.gif (199 KB, 238x200) Image search: [Google]
im ready for your rage.gif
199 KB, 238x200
>people who don't drink coffee/tea are weird and should be avoided

>Jap food is actually very good but /ck/ is afraid of looking like weebs so they shun it

>Red wine goes well with cheese

>Venison is superior to beef/pork

and lastly

>Knorr chicken stock potâ„¢ are okay I guess
>>
>>7069985
>>Red wine goes well with cheese
Is it an unpopular opinion in the first place?
>>
>>7063379

I don't think it's terrible but I'm tired of this fucking bacon meme and people get shocked if I don't order it.

It's literally a slice of pork, the only thing it's good for is playing pranks on muslims.
>>
>>7062757
lasagna is best 'sta
>>
>>7070188

I've seen the strangest ideas about wine on /ck/

There's this one guy who militantly insists that merlot is sweet

Then there are the people who think Aus/NZ wine is good

Maybe it's the same guy
>>
>>7070191

you are such a fucking teenager holy shit

everyone has loved bacon since bacon existed, it is not a meme, it is not 'literally a slice of pork', and you have never played a pork-based prank on a muslim, plus if you did you'd be a massive cunt.
>>
>>7070380
>getting this triggered by children posting on 4chan
If you are receptive to my advice, my advice is to leave this place while you still can
>>
>>7068269
>Green peppers are pretty shit, especially raw.
>Cheddar cheese is shit on burgers or hot sandwiches unless it's been broiled or browned.
>No beans in either, though.

>Picky eaters are emotionally immature. See: half this thread.

Half this thread, including you.
>>
-IPAs are disgusting
-You're a faggot if you say anything hotter than habenero doesn't bother you
-British food is fucking laughable
-It's ok to drink soda but only sometimes
-Ordering chicken tenders at a restaurant will automatically make me dislike you
-Sushi is really overrated but really fun to eat with friends
-frosting and cake in general is gross
-BBQ is really overrated. brown sugar and meat is gross and every BBQ joint i've been to is over priced with small portions
-I think super-market white bread needs to be abolished
-blue cheese is delicious.
-blue cheese dressing is superior to ranch, but ranch is good too.
-"bleu cheese" is wrong and pretentious
-pineapple and ham on pizza is good
-American chocolate is absolute trash
-/ck/ has become shittier and shittier because of Jack, fast food, and meme food threads
-if you say you don't like onion or garlic you are a baby
-a microwave will make you fatter not because you reheat food, but because you'll eventually switch your diet to convenient microwaveable bullshit.
-pasta is better than rice simply because I can't fucking cook rice
>>
>>7070380

How is bacon -not- "literally a slice of pork"?
Do you not know the meaning of literally?
Are you confused by what a pig is?
>>
>>7062766
Fucking this, Sriracha just over powers EVERYTHING
>>
>>7070380
>everyone has loved bacon since bacon existed, it is not a meme

Then it's a fucking meme you dumb faggot.
>>
I think Ja/ck/ is a good coock and a wholesome loving family man.
>>
>>7070544

>A meme acts as a unit for carrying cultural ideas, symbols, or practices that can be transmitted from one mind to another through writing, speech, gestures, rituals, or other imitable phenomena with a mimicked theme.

So, bacon "carries cultural ideas, symbols, or practices" from person to person?
>>
>>7062757
> Sugar on pancakes is a crime
>>
>>7067441
>plaebian

Opinion discarded.
>>
>>7067950
You are wrong. Otherwise, they'd say "There has never been an instance when 'Homemade is best' was true."

But I doubt even that statement.
>>
>>7064730
>cream
>base ingredient

how can you be this fucking dense?
cream in pasta is almost entirely a no-go in italian cuisine anyways, never mind that carbonara sauce is specifically designated as black pepper eggs guanciale and pecorino.
bacon and parmesan are acceptable substitutes for the last two, but if you add cream you are kidding yourself.
enjoy your cream pasta but dont pretend like you're doing it right.
Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.