[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
LIQUID FOOD GENERAL /lfg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: images.duckduckgo.com(12).jpg (18 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com(12).jpg
18 KB, 480x360
It's soup/stew weather motherfuckers. Post your finest pictures and recipes.
>>
Carrot and Celery Cream Soup

4-5 Celery Sticks (Chopped) (Optional: remove the strings before chopping)
1 Medium Carrot (chopped)
1/2 chopped Onion
2 cups of chicken stock
1/2 of liquid cream or half-n-half
about 1 tbsp Corn starch
Salt and pepper to taste

Saute the onions, add carrots and celery, keep sauteing and add your seasonings and corn starch. When the veggies are ready add the chicken stock and bring to a boil.
After boiling reduce heat to low, use an immersion blender to liquefy everything or if you don't want any bits you can use a blender and a colander.

Add the cream and bring to a boil again, after that turn off the heat and let it rest a couple of minutes.

Serve with croutons and some garnish parsley/green onions and/or chili flakes.

Enjoy deliciousness in a cold day.
>>
>>7064704
>not meat
Dropped
>>
File: 1364173165468.gif (475 KB, 173x175) Image search: [Google]
1364173165468.gif
475 KB, 173x175
Help me make this shit chili recipe less shit please

Can of kidney beans
Can of chili beans
Can of crushed tomatoes
Can of tomato sauce
1/2 cup brown rice
1/4 lb ground beef
1 Tsp paprika
1 Tsp garlic powder
1 Tsp cayenne powder
1/2 tbsp salt

All ingredients except meat and rice are put in a large pot and heated to boil, then simmered. Meat is cooked in a pan and put in the chili after draining the grease. The rice is cooked seperately and added to the pot when it's done.

This tastes really digusting btw, don't use this recipe.
>>
>>7064779
You can't make a Chili without cumin and oregano.

Tomato sauce usually awful preseasoned shit, use passata or just canned tomatoes.

Use real garlic instead of garlic powder.
>>
>>7064722
everything doesn't need meat in it, fat boy.
>>
>>7064799
If you want to grow big and strong like daddy it does.
>>
>>7064722
>>7064804

Add some shredded chicken, Jimbo
>>
3 cup room temperature water
4 stalks of celery (with leaves)
1 cup parsley
1 avocado (peeled and seeded)
1/2 cup of olive oil
1 lemon (juice only)
1 tomato
1 Tbsp organic honey
1/2 tsp of herbamare or sea salt

Got this from a site and tried it yesterday, it was good.
>>
>>7065399
>1 avocado (peeled and seeded)
u wot?
>>
>>7064779
>beans
>beans

U fukking wat m8?!
>>
>>7065415
Whats wrong with beans
>>
File: potagecrecy.jpg (756 KB, 950x4525) Image search: [Google]
potagecrecy.jpg
756 KB, 950x4525
bump
>>
>>7064779
wtf are you even doing?

1 large onion
3 cloves garlic
1kg ground beef
3 tsp cayenne pepper powder
3 tsp chili powder
2 tsp smoky paprika powder
1 tsp black pepper
pinch of brown sugar
4 chillis
500ml tomato purée
can of crushed tomatos
2 small pieces of dark chocolate
can of kidney beans
25g butter

olive oil in pan, add onions and garlic until onions are starting to brown, add beef and let it cook for a bit
add spices+sugar+chillis and let it cook until the meat is brown, then add the tomatos, let it simmer for at least an hour, add beans, butter and chocolate, let it cook for another 20 minutes,cook the rice, eh wa la!

can also add 1 cinnamon stick or some creme cheese when you add the beans if it's too spicy but keep in mind that you serve with rice which makes it more mild
>>
>>7064704
This would be really good served with roast chicken.
>>
File: Red_smile.jpg (7 KB, 276x250) Image search: [Google]
Red_smile.jpg
7 KB, 276x250
>>7064779

>help me with my chili
>recipe doesn't have chili powder in it
>>
Here's my gazpacho, niggers

Get some tomatoes, dark as you can manage. Deep red ones. Lots of them
Take about half of them, as well as a few red bell peppers, split each in half and grill them. Cut the tomatoes in half, grill them cut side down, grill the bell pepper whole, until they start turning black.

Take all the tomatoes, bell peppers (after you remove the stem and seeds), a couple jalapenos, a few cloves of garlic, and some yellow onion, parsley, basil, and start sweating them in olive oil (just a very small ammt of olive oil though, don't want your soup to congeal)

Take it all out, blend and/or juice them, add a little stock (chicken is good, vegetable if you're a pussy) to get the right consistency. Chill n' eat.
>>
>>7062736
I'm confined to dorms for uni and have made countless batches of beef stew in my slow cooker as a result. Here's the final recipe I ended up with in case anyone is interested:

2lbs beef bottom round (cubed)
3 large russet perderders (peeled/cubed)
3-4 large carrots (chopped)
1 large yellow onion (diced)
4 oz tomato paste
worcestershire sauce
16oz of stout (I like guinness)
2 tsp black pepper
Beef stock
flour
canola or olive oil
1 metric fuckton of garlic
salt (to taste)
>Bacon/peas optional

Toss the beef cubes in flour and brown in the oil with half of garlic and all the onion, and some worcestershire. Transfer everything to slow cooker and pour the guinness into the pan/skillet/whatever and deglaze the flavor crust off and pour it all into slow cooker. Throw in rest of garlic, potatoes, salt, pepper, tomato paste and cover contents with beef broth. Cook 10 hours on low, and add carrots after 8 hours (or they mushy as fuck). Thicken as needed by pulling out some of the liquid and whisking in more flour then pouring back into slow cooker.

I haven't tried bacon and prefer all beef broth to red wine added. I don't like celery cause it gets all mushy and kind of fucks up the veggie/starch/meat ratios. Peas make my pee smell weird so I stopped adding those and they overcook easy as fuck. Turns out pretty good great winter meal. Makes about 6 servers and get you some sourdough to eat it with.
>>
File: beefy.jpg (81 KB, 1513x851) Image search: [Google]
beefy.jpg
81 KB, 1513x851
>>7068312
potato quality picture for reference. This is before I stopped putting the peas in.
>>
I know that green tea should be brewed short, but does it lose its qualities if I leave the leaves for long? I read it only removes the coffeine from it, but I wonder if it become unhealthy as I mostly drink it because for the health and less for pleasant buzz

I put few spoons on leaves in a cup and keep refilling with 60-70 C water all day, every time I add 1 spoon and drink through bombilla straw. At the end of the day I have a cup full of green tea leaves
>>
>>7068271
I wrongly assumed chili powder in chili was like putting bouillon in noodle water instead of salt.
>>
>>7068383
Get you some dried peppers or pepper paste instead like serrano/ancho/habenero
>>
Borscht
some beets and celery i dunno whatever you got
put it in a blender with water i guess
heat it
borscht
>>
>>7065931
So, it's sogwich remix?
>>
>>7068521
you can eat the croutons on the side as well.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.