[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Meat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 1458132854850.jpg (87 KB, 489x540) Image search: [Google]
1458132854850.jpg
87 KB, 489x540
I've been thinking about introducing meat into my diet, and was wondering the best way to go about it. My parents raised me vegetarian, so I've never eaten meat aside from fish. My nutritionist recommended sticking with chicken and turkey at first, but that's still pretty vague. I know my roommates used to eat friend chicken wings all the time, but fried foods upset my stomach. Can you prepare chicken like you would fish, i.e. marinate and bake? She also mentioned using chicken breast or ground turkey, both of which sounded like they should be pretty easy to cook.

So does anyone have experience with adding meat into the diet of someone who's been vegetarian since birth? I'm most worried about how my stomach might react to the meat, or if it'll taste good or whatever bc tbqh I've never had meat ever and I'm a little scared. Should I take it super slow with like one chicken wing with dinner, or would I be ok making a turkey patty in a bun?
>>
>>7595480
>Can you prepare chicken like you would fish, i.e. marinate and bake?
yes, chicken is pretty forgiving on how you prepare it
>>
>>7595480
>Can you prepare chicken like you would fish, i.e. marinate and bake?

Yes you can. Normally I wouldn't recommend that because it's pretty boring, but that's actually a good thing if you're not used to eating meat.

>>ground turkey
Careful with that. It is super easy to accidentally overcook it, at which point it takes on this horrible sawdust like texture.

>>diet
Your stomach will be fine. The issue with dietary changes like this are the bacteria in your intestines. They adapt to your diet, so if you suddenly eat a new food you never ate before--or suddenly stop eating something you ate all the time--you could end up with some discomfort. Take it slow.
>>
>>7595480
a chicken wing and a small patty have about the same content. if you are really actually scared try some chicken soup first. get some base chicken stock in a box or can, add your fave vegetables and seasonings that you would ordinarily soup with. enjoy.
>>
Chicken's easy. Just make sure you cook it thoroughly. When I introduced my vegetarian friend to meat a while back I made him this.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/baked-lemon-chicken-recipe.html

He enjoyed it.
>>
you'll probably be ok with a small enough serving of anything. I'm imagining like, a couple ounces. what size is the turkey patty you're talking about here?

whatever it is, eat it alongside foods more normal to you instead of on an empty stomach.
>>
>>7595480
>My nutritionist
Deary me .. .you are beyond hope.

But seriously, I think grilled grilled chicken would be a good introduction.

DO NOT start with chicken wings . . . .it's fiddly and bony . . .start with chicken breast.
>>
>>7595515
>Deary me .. .you are beyond hope.
I have an eating disorder, bulimia, and a nutritionist is pretty standard in terms of treatment. She can offer help and insight that I can't because I have the eating disorder clouding my judgement

>>7595502
that's looks pretty good, will try

>>7595495
>>7595497
Alright, sounds good. I'll try to keep it in moderation to make sure I don't end up regretting it
>>
>>7595480
i can add meat to your diet, if you know what i mean
>>
>>7595524
>I have an eating disorder, bulimia, and a nutritionist is pretty standard in terms of treatment.
Okay .. .this - I never knew.

I stand by what I said, that grilled chicken breast is probably your best introduction.

If you feel bad about it - then peel off the skin afterwards (it's best protection for grilling) and pat it down with a paper towel.

I don't know what else I can say without losing my temper.
>>
>>7595480
You can cook chicken just about any way, as long as it's not raw inside it'll be fine
>>
>>7595480
When you're used to eating meat, you should try smoking some pork or beef
>>
ayy thanks /ck/, I went and got some chicken breast and some ground turkey to start with

>>7595564
been there done that :3

>>7595577
>grilled chicken breast
also sounds good. What's wrong with your temper? I'm not trying to offend you

>>7595609
yeah, smoked pork or beef does sound good. Also looking forward to bratwurst, but that'd be a bit harsh right now I think
>>
Do Turkey Meatballs.
It's a really easy recipe:
1 lb ground turkey
1 diced onion
3 cloves garlic
1/2-3/4 cup Parsley
1/2 cup Bread crumbs
1/3 cup Whole milk
1 Egg
Salt, Pepper, some Cayenne, italian herb mix

>Saute onion and garlic
>Mix everything in a bowl, I add the egg last so that everything cools down nicely.
>Bake at 350F for 10 min
>Broil maybe if you want some more color on top
>Simmer in marinara sauce for 4 hours
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.