[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is "beer drunk" different than "wine drunk"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: german_woman_drinking_beer-t2.jpg (78 KB, 510x330) Image search: [Google]
german_woman_drinking_beer-t2.jpg
78 KB, 510x330
Is "beer drunk" different than "wine drunk" or "whisky drunk?" I hear otherwise intelligent people talking about this shit all the time, and I don't buy it.
>>
It's easier to get whiskey drunk than wine drunk because you can drink more volume of whiskey in the same time span than beer

Drunk is drunk at the end of the day but you get certainly get shit faced much faster with a bottle of whiskey than you can with a case of beer.

If you consume whiskey faster than beer you get to a new level of drunk much quicker.
>>
It's mostly a question of speed like the other guy said, and hydration which is somewhat related

I dunno if you kids know the phrase "set and setting" but it used to be a key concept when abusing chemicals back in my day, and it's true of alcohol too.

People tend to assume the mood of whatever they associate the drink with. Retards associate tequila with binge drinking and irresponsible behavior, they associate wine with romanticism, and so on. So their mood when drunk is influenced by their expectation of the experience, not to mention the actual physical setting itself.

A lot of ink has been spilled over the supposed effects of trace chemicals in each beverage, the importance of this is severely overstated.
>>
>>7587321
Beverages with different apv being drunk in different ways at different speeds.

Also the preconceived notions people have about different drinks. Placebo is one hell of a drug.
>>
>>7587321
i never notticed a difference until i got black out drunk on tequila. Im pretty fat so getting to that point isnt easy and it may have been that i was able to consume more alcohol because it was tequila but i dobut it
>>
>>7587341
>>7587321 (OP)

>Placebo is one hell of a drug.

This
>>
>>7587341
try taking 5 shots in 2 minute intervals with both tequila and whiskey. try this on 2 different nights.
>>
>>7587436

Science.
>>
don't drink hard liquor.
>>
getting drunk at different speeds (as determined by actual alcohol consumed) gives the impression of a different drunk. different drinks with different alcohol contents in different volumes
>>
>>7587440
>i won't believe anything unless a scientific paper says its true
you don't have much life experience do you?
>>
>>7587436

I have. No difference.

>>7587443
This is true. And there are other factors which people might ascribe to the drinks as well: how full one's stomach was before drinking, whether or not you were dehydrated before you started drinking, what other food/beverages you have during drinking, etc.
>>
>>7587450
When has believing random strangers ever benefited you?
>>
While ethanol is ethanol, the different ingredients it's a part of can cause different types of drunk. Beer is more of a sleepy drunk, liquor is a more energetic drunk, wine is USUALLY a calm drunk. In the end you're drunk, but the calorie content and additives do play a role in how that drunkenness feels
>>
>>7587321
the only thing i know is wine hangovers are the worst
>>
Liquor drunk makes me incredibly dizzy.
Wine drunk makes me relaxed, sleepy.
Beer drunk makes me very talkative.
>>
>>7587321

its pretty hard for an alcoholic to get obliterated on beer. they can drink 20-30 beers in a day and keep on going. its pretty easy for anyone to get obliterated on liquor and the same guy is probably going to drink a half gallon and shit himself in public.

so i would say there is some truth to it.
>>
>>7587457

one time a random stranger at the beach said he could get us into the club for free and we had a really good night and he didn't even try to rape us or steal our money or anything.

he was white so he seemed trustworthy
>>
I've never been wine drunk. But as an alcoholic, I do think that beer gives you a sleepy, bloated, and content drunk. Almost like you just had a huge feast or something. Hard liquor sharpens the mind after the first few shots, but it can creep up fast. It it is a more energetic happy drunk at first, but you crash harder.
>>
>drinking alcoholic bevvys with the express purpose of getting drunk

top pleb
>>
File: 1447226770274.jpg (150 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1447226770274.jpg
150 KB, 480x360
>>7588273
>bevvys
This picture is how the world views you when you speak like that
>>
>>7588273
Pretentious basement dweller probably commenting on other peoples life styles with Cheetos stained fingers
>>7587436
This guy knows.

Tequila is one of the most distinct drunks.
>>
>>7587330
This. People make a choice about what they're going to do when they're drunk when they choose what to drink. The beverage itself isn't making a big difference.
>>
>>7588297

i always tell myself im going to be classy and sophisticated but i end up pissing in public and fingering my girlfriend in front of other people

plz help anon how do i willpower different types of drunk
>>
>>7587321
It is, due to absorption, perception, carbonation, and congeners.

And since when do feelings have metrics to be measured by? If you go by behavior, then definitely. Just look into the four loko effect, despite irish coffee being around for years.
>>
>>7588281
>>7588295
cool story bros way to back that fag down hey are you dudes XAM or TKE? i was thinking of rushing this year
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.