[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can an all you can eat buffet take the same amount of money
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: Slider-1.jpg (744 KB, 5615x2098) Image search: [Google]
Slider-1.jpg
744 KB, 5615x2098
How can an all you can eat buffet take the same amount of money for what is 8x the amount of food and also people get to choose the most expensive items
>>
>>7583989
drinks
People fill up on super cheap rice and noodles
>>
My dad is friends with a guy who supplies stuff to Chinese buffets in and around NYC. He buys wholesale goods that are just about to go off and need to be used immediately for pennies then sells them to buffets who use them within a day or two.
So that's at least part of the reason they can keep prices low. Another is the fact that none of the food, bar crab legs, is ever of high value to begin with. Broccoli, carrots, onions etc are cheap as balls as are rice, noodles and chicken. The beef they use is certainly cheaper cuts that are mechanically and chemically tenderised, which I have no problem with, and the shrimp are always tasteless, which means deep-frozen cheap-shit that you can get for like $3/lb (so I'm sure they get it for even less).

So, combine regular, on the cheap purchases of near-off foodstuffs with using lots of cheaper things to begin with and it's not hard to see how they make a profit.
>>
Kinda off topic but I will probably be going here for a Mother's Day buffet

https://www.panpacific.com/content/dam/pp/PP%20Vancouver/dining/cafe-pacifica/Pan%20Pacific%20Vancouver%20Mother%27s%20Day%20Menu%20May%208%2C%202016.pdf

How do I tackle it so it is worth the 90 something bucks boys?
>>
>>7584028
Wow that price better include alcoholic beverages
>>
What about stuff that isn't shitty Ching Chong food, like the all you can eat Pizza Hut in my town
>>
>>7584039
>>7584039

It does not. Just coffee, tea and freshly squeezed juices.
>>
>>7584042
I pay about 11 Euro (12$) for a really nice lunch buffet and since I eat for both lunch and dinner it's worth it
>>
If you have max seating capacity for 300 and charge a lunch buffet for $8.00 not including drinks and you're never quite full, let's say always around 50% seated, that's comes to $1,200 for those 150 that came for lunch.

Drinks at buffets near me charge $1.50 with free refills. Let's say out of those 150 people who came 100 of them want drinks and the rest drink water. That's $150. Together that's $1,350. So for a decent buffet, a lunch service that is at 50% seating makes roughly $1,350 during maybe 2 hours. Let's times that by 1.5 to cover the entire lunch service hours. That's $2025. Not including beer, wine, coffee/tea, special extra charge items, etc.

Let's say dinner service is a constant 80% seating for 2 hours at $12. That's $2,880. I'm not going to include drinks. And for the next two hours lets say it drops to 50% seating. That's $1,800.

Add everything up and it's $6,705 gross sales. A rough estimate not including drinks, children/discounts, and takeaway.

I feel this is somewhat accurate for a decent buffet in the US.

Throw in illegal immigrants being paid under the table at $7-$9/hour. And don't forget cooking food a little past the expiration date to cut some costs. You're making serious dough if you have good managers at decent salaries who aren't stealing.
>>
>>7583989
money laundry
and im not kidding either. I know some that pay a shit ton of cash for the place but you never see more than 3 occupied tables
>>
>>7584028
>$95 per person
>17% Service charge and applicable taxes additional
jesus. wear a fat suit and stuff as much food as possible into the empty spaces before you leave.
>>
>>7584100

I'm just going to eat like 30 pieces of beef tenderloin, duck, tons of smoked salmon and as much herb crusted halibut as possible.
>>
>>7584028
You will not be able to eat $95+17+12 worth of food. You're paying for the dining experience at pan Pacific while they rip you off (no service and mimosas).

I'd start with the ceviche and the halibut. For entrees, go for the sablefish and duck breast. They usually go for $40 a plate and are pretty damn delicious. Cold selections all look good to break things up in between.
>>
>>7584100
I don't understand your post.

Taxes where I live are 4% state and 2% county.

For me I can't eat more than two big plates of food and 1 small plate of desert. I like buffets for the variety. I can eat like 15 different things.
>>
>>7584118
oops I just thought you were posting to my reply which is this one >>7584069 my mistake
>>
>>7584110
Tenderloin and smoked salmon are relatively cheap compared to the duck, halibut, and sablefish. Portion wisely.
>>
>>7584122

Alright cheers
>>
>>7584110
Be sure not to tip, make a mess and there's not reason to be polite. Take some time to digest your food and use their toilet
>>
>>7584116

Sounds good. Can't remember the last time I had Sablefish
>>
>>7584128

kek
>>
>>7584122
Also halibut is quite fatty so save the bulk of it till the end to avoid bloat.
>>
>>7584133
Sorry meant the sablefish
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.