[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Arby's >gyro Wtf is this? I thought checking out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 10
>Arby's
>gyro

Wtf is this? I thought checking out their $6 for two gyros deal would be worth it but i pretty much got this shit
>>
>Goes to Arby's for a gyro
>Wonders why you get shitty deli meat instead of lamb meat

And $6 for two, it doesn't surprise me if it turns out to be shitty. And the fact that it's Arby's doesn't help either.
>>
http://www.brandeating.com/2014/08/review-arbys-gyro.html

>Still, they add some variety and a different flavor profile to the menu while they're around.

> The gyros were a lot bigger than I thought they'd be (you can see, they dwarf the quarter in the picture above) and there was a good amount of meat in them. There was a bit more meat to the beef one than the turkey one, although there wasn't any lack of coverage inside except maybe at the very ends.

>The pita was pillowy soft, dense, and pretty pliable. It held together excellently.

This is the kind of standards a fast food restaurant like Arby's is held up to. Meat positions, pliable casing, edible meat, and crisp lettuce.

This is convenient food. It's the pretty much as if dollar stores had edible styrofoam food and over the years carefully developed it so that it could closely match real food, yet still compete with it's prices. That's what fast food is like.

And I'm not saying you're claiming that pic to be yours, btw, I just found the review it's from. Looks nasty. There are drive-thru gyro restaurants around here and they're absolutely delicious.
>>
>>7580529
>Arby's
That's the problem to begin with.
>>
>>7580582
Going to Arby's and saying, "Duh well it's cheap and tastes ok" is a pretty lazy thing. Especially when this self-serving and ignorant (ignorant of the fact you can buy real gyros for $5 and actually enjoy it) nature is also giving Arby's a reason to exist. They hacked together the products in their store, called it a gyro, and made a deal out of it (because deli meat is extremely cheap which explains why Arby's always has a sale) which you participated in.
>>
File: 20160417_185513.jpg (711 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20160417_185513.jpg
711 KB, 2048x1152
I fell for it
Very gross
>>
File: Ghost-bc-2014.jpg (29 KB, 699x466) Image search: [Google]
Ghost-bc-2014.jpg
29 KB, 699x466
Ohhh I dunno. The turkey one isn't so bad.
>>
File: 20160417_185508.jpg (628 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20160417_185508.jpg
628 KB, 2048x1152
>>7582196
Also don't mind the dark skinned human hands

Notice how soft the outside is
>>
>>7582201
That looks like it'd be decent if they put the effort in cooking it, which they clearly didn't. If you put it in the oven and fried that meat you'd have done a better job than they did.
>>
>>7580529
Looks like lunch meat bro, I tried making a home made gyro with lunch meat, not like the real thing.
>>
>Getting ANYTHING other than a Roast Beef Mid Extra Arby's Sauce and a Large Curly Fry

You dun goofed
>>
>>7582196
>>7582201
Man. It look super nasty but I would tear that shit up.
>>
>>7582540

are you me?
>>
>>7582540
>getting anything other than 2 Beef n' Cheddars, Curly Fry, and a Dr. Pepper

You dun goofed
>>
Getting a gyro from people who have probably never had a real gyro
>>
File: cf83cebfcf85ceb2cebbceaccebaceb9.jpg (220 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
cf83cebfcf85ceb2cebbceaccebaceb9.jpg
220 KB, 1600x1200
Gyros in Greece looks like pic related and costs 2 euros.
If showed OP to a Greek person, they wouldn't even laugh they would cry!
>>
>>7582627
Why are there chips in it
>>
i like them.
>>
>>7582635
Originally they didn't (pic related). It's a trend that emerged in the last 10 years, presumably because it's more filling and people's palette's have become more americanised. I still order it without chips as they sort of kill the flavour. I only get it with chips if they are really good quality hand-cut ones and thankfully many shops do them that way.
>>
>>7582635
>chips
>>
every time i see a gyro thread i'm reminded of my internet friend from germany who was so sure that sauerkraut is common topping for it in all countries, he actually got very mad when i insisted it isn't
>>
>>7582635
Those are french fries
>>
>>7580529

>Expecting good Greek or Turkish style gyro's from an American fast food chain.
>>
File: gyro.jpg (987 KB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
gyro.jpg
987 KB, 2448x2448
good gyro does not need lettuce
>>
File: 348s.jpg (29 KB, 348x348) Image search: [Google]
348s.jpg
29 KB, 348x348
>these pussy ass european glamour shot gyros with two slices of meat

no wonder your continent is a complete failure
>>
File: 348s.jpg (24 KB, 348x348) Image search: [Google]
348s.jpg
24 KB, 348x348
>>7582575
>Man. It look super nasty but I would tear that shit up.
I did.. to both of the gyros I bought. But mainly because I bought it. Really just felt like eating a deli sandwich in a different wrapping, and having eaten something as good as this from Gyro Express (pic related, but not my pic) it kinda feels insulting to be given a "gyro" as badly done as this, especially considering how easy it is to repair it and make it somewhat decent (like actually cooking the fucking bread).
>>
I thought they were pretty good. I don't give a shit if it's not authentic and neither should you.
>>
>>7584513
>I don't give a shit if it's not authentic and neither should you.

I'm not judging it solely on authenticity, and if you could take the time to read and even look at the pictures uploaded there's a lot of traits to the Arby's gyro that you can pick apart at and not have it be about authenticity.

You're pretty much implying that I'm too stuck up and that I hate the sandwich just because it's not authentic, as opposed to being a slapped together deli sandwich labeled as a "gyro". Even if it was just a sandwich I wouldn't enjoy it, there wasn't anything appetizing about it.

If you like it, fine, but don't tell others to not care just because you don't. Some people actually care, and there's nothing wrong with that especially considering we're talking about food.
>>
File: gyroskabobhouse.jpg (329 KB, 2048x1370) Image search: [Google]
gyroskabobhouse.jpg
329 KB, 2048x1370
>>7580529
mine are better
>>
They're ok for a snack but they aren't gyros really. And don't get the fucking beef one, bleh. Just get the turkey.
>>
>>7584613
Mother
Fucker

I'm too hungry to be looking at this
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.