[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who here /worst guest/? I find myself judging peoples cooking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1462845349274.jpg (77 KB, 560x683) Image search: [Google]
1462845349274.jpg
77 KB, 560x683
Who here /worst guest/? I find myself judging peoples cooking skills when invited for dinner, especially when they are arrogant about it. I have no problems telling people exactly how disgusting/trashy/incompetent their cooking is and how serving bad food is an insult to the guest. In any other area of expertise it is acceptable to critique, so why is it so taboo to be honest about people's cooking skills?
>>
I guess I'm a troll in a way because I'm always polite when people serve me shitty food but if people serve me really good food I always insult it
>>
>>7886361
Not a troll, just contrarian. how's your aspergers?
>>
>>7886374
I figure if someone can't cook or just is broke or something, there is no use in making their situation worse with insults. However if someone takes pride in their cooking I feel a compulsive need to take them down a peg or two. I'm like this in all areas of life.
>>
>>7886404
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_Jante
>>
>>7886353
When someone is really proud of something they made and you tell them it sucks it's considered impolite.
This doesn't only apply to cooking.

If they don't ask for your opinion don't give it.
If they do, lay it out.

But if you're trying to critique someone's meal when they invited you over to watch the game and nuked some totinos pizza rolls for dinner then you're an autistic fuckwit.

I assume you're just a really abrasive person. Try not being a dick.
>>
>>7886462
I'm talking about dinner parties with pretend foodies. They are expecting compliments and awe. I'm not even talking about people trying to get into cooking and experimenting, I'm talking condescending housewifes who served creme brulee 'from a packet because the (insert meme entree) took too long. Teehee'.
>>
>>7886491
> Invited to party
> Friends extend a hand in hopes ill improve
> They serve dinner, not the focus of the night
> Very casual
> Dinners ready, no big deal
> Autistic manchild get his food
> "IS THIS CREME BRULEE REAL, it tastes like shit"
> Well its nothing special stupid
> Autistic manchild throws a fit
> Crys and leaves the party

Fucking everybody is a critic
>>
>>7886491
Yeah no, you're a faggot.
>>
>>7886353
>In any other area of expertise it is acceptable to critique,
Not at all. Unless they are your colleagues or they explicitly ask for unreserved criticism.
>>
>>7886353
Way to go, not only are you an asshole, you are proud about being one.
Its never acceptable to critique friends doing you a favor. Are you critiquing your friends about the way they carry boxes when they help you to move? Are you critiquing their driving skills when they take you somewhere?
Change your ways you fucking child, i know a guy who used to be like this, girl left him, almost no friends left...at least he managed to realise how autistic his behaviour was in the end
>>
>>7886491
You sound like a fucking bitch. I bet you got duct taped to a pole at least once when you were a child, and I bet you deserved it.
>>
You sound like a knobhead OP
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.