[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>a pound of butter >1 stick For wing sauce? are my fellow
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>a pound of butter
>1 stick
For wing sauce? are my fellow americans doing shit like this all the time? wtf
also food webm thread.
>>
>>7885057
a pound of butter is four sticks, right?
>>
I read somewhere that a recipe needs at the very least one pound of butter to be considered american cuisine.
>>
>>7885065
lol thats crazy. i use a tablespoon max in my sauce.
>>
File: 1345236989488.jpg (9 KB, 275x373) Image search: [Google]
1345236989488.jpg
9 KB, 275x373
>>7885057
tubed garlick !
:(
>>
>>7885079

Yeah well, no wonder your country is so irrelevant with your low energy recipes.
>>
>tubed garlic
what the fuck is that shit
>>
>>7885063
>a pound of butter is four sticks, right?
You are correct
>>
I've never seen worcestershire sauce added, the peppers I assume are just for flavor and are taken out after it simmers, and I've never used tubed garlic, and assume it's some sort of housewife thing. Garlic isn't a standard addition, but I don't see any problem with adding it.

My real problem is that Buffalo sauce is an emulsification, not something where you throw everything in a pot and stir it around.

The recipe we used at a wing place I worked at was melt 2 pounds butter with 2 cups white wine (boxed Chablis - the wine was a little controversial, but I liked the flavor it added). With a burr mixer slowly add the melted butter/wine to two gallons of Franks. It had a great color and velvety texture and didn't break.
>>
https://youtu.be/_u8ZKKzJ1xI

She's making spicy garlic hot wings and not buffalo wings per se but of course buffalo is the inspiration. I've seriously never seen tubed garlic in my life.
>>
File: 1463561755559.png (109 KB, 800x1044) Image search: [Google]
1463561755559.png
109 KB, 800x1044
I try to add at least a pound of butter to all my recipes. Makes your arteries all slick so the blood flows easier
>>
>>7885145
>>7885146
>>7885125
>>7885063
op here. its just one stick and i was triggered watching while doing the list lol. even one stick though, jesus christ...
>>
Every time I've used butter in hot wings, it's been disgusting. I don't know who came up with this stupid shit, but it's wrong. I haven't made wings in a while, but the next time I do, I'm going to test adding in a caramelizing agent to the sauce like some honey or straight up sugar.
>>
>>7885065
i hate this meme. butter, and deep frying, are used just as much or more in thin countries. americans don't even know what "butter" is. go to most restaurants, you're not getting butter.
>>
>>7885057
Most buffalo sauce is half frank's red hot half butter

The more you know ;)
>>
>>7887048
I used to work at a pub who's wing sauce that won a local competition was literally franks red hot with crushed red pepper and Cayenne in it.
>>
>>7885157
buffalo sauce is made that way, not my taste but still no big deal
ever ate hollandaise?
>>
>>7887187
>local competition

found the problem right there
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.