[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you have any idea....how much costs would go down at restaurants
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
Do you have any idea....how much costs would go down at restaurants if they just used custom paper/throwaway plates and utensils so they didn't need dishwashers?
>>
>>7884597
I would have to disagree, with paper disposable you have to constantly replace them but with real dishes there is a one time cost, and a good nigger can wash ALOT of plates in an hour at $10 a hour
>>
>>7884597
>Do you have any idea....how much costs would go down at restaurants if they just used custom paper/throwaway plates and utensils so they didn't need dishwashers?
Oh yeah, costs would go down significantly, especially the cost they could sell the food at
>>
>>7884597
>because disposal and manufacture is free
>impact on dining experience is not a quantifiable cost
Retard alert!
>>
The real question is why do the plates they buy cost so much?
>>
>>7884709
Because they're heavy and retain heat well, have first class glazing to stand up to all day daily use, are kept in large stocks and decade long production runs to guarantee you can always buy more of the same when you need to and this is expensive. Your IKEA plates may cost a tenth but will have marks and scuffs after the first service. And be out of production the year after when you've smashed or worn out a quarter of your plates, and you'll end up either throwing your whole remaining stock in the bin or with a kitchen full of ten-of-these-four-of-them-six-of-that unmanagable chaos.
Quality, consistency and guaranteed supply costs. A lot. It's only that the alternative is worse.
>>
>>7884960
How do you know my plates are from IKEA?
>>
>>7885250
you come across as a basic bitch
>>
>>7884597

Yeah, restaurants already throw a shit ton of food, so let's just double down on waste. Plus, nobody wants to eat off throwaway plates unless they're at a BBQ or shitty family function
>>
>>7885292
fuckin rekt m8
>>
>>7885292
ck confirmed for sassiest board.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.