[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I was looking at some recipes from Apicius' De Re Coquinaria
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: de re coquinaria apicius.jpg (184 KB, 1008x1500) Image search: [Google]
de re coquinaria apicius.jpg
184 KB, 1008x1500
I was looking at some recipes from Apicius' De Re Coquinaria and was wondering if there's a show that shows how to make ancient recipes and reviews them
>>
>>7884225
That would be a really cool show tbqh
>>
>>7884225
I really like this show. It's on youtube if you search it. Comedy rather than proper docu-stuff but still really interesting.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Supersizers...
>>
>>7884306
Thanks, I found that too
I was watching this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swhEbBDwM0I

apparently Roman food was mostly rank, although that might be due to them not being able to prepare it properly
>>
>>7884326
The Green Valley too. I think it's still on youtube. Some farming but mostly focused on food and food production in the 1600's.
>>
http://archive.aramcoworld.com/issue/201206/new.flavors.for.the.oldest.recipes.htm

Stuff like this interests me to no end. I'd love to taste ancient recipes like this. Recipes over 3000 years old. I really hope we find and translate more of these.
>>
>>7884225
I don't know of any show but if you're interested in that sort of thing might see if there's an SCA group near you, historical cooking is one of the more common activities.
>>
>>7884367
>The green Valley
That was a great show, makes me want to say fuck society and go live as a medieval peasant/farmer lol. Everything just looked so comfy.
>>
>>7884326
>Today, we will be entering the period of ruller Autismus Maximus.
>>
Those are annoying when the perlite is crumbly and the handwriting is antique, and where do I buy a clay bowl to put upside down to slow cook something by a hearth i dont have.
>>
>>7885355
And noone sells older hens or roosters for some of those recipies that benifit from that aged stringy meat.
>>
>>7885355
Sorry the vellum i meant, not perlite
>>
>>7884326
it's bit of a real au naturel approche I'm afraid
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.