[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Here are the facts about me. I tip anyone. I once tipped a sranger
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: F13_06_cashier_160584D9.jpg (16 KB, 299x153) Image search: [Google]
F13_06_cashier_160584D9.jpg
16 KB, 299x153
Here are the facts about me. I tip anyone. I once tipped a sranger for holding an elevator for me. A few bucks means more to people in service industries than it does to me. I'm not a billionaire, however I have been tipping everyone even when I was struggling along through college. That being said, I nearly came to blows with my father in law over this topic. I offered up a simple solution: Take the discussion to an anime picture message board where level-headed, smart and intellectual young people can settle this debate. So, /ck/ I call on you for a decisive finality to this.

"Should you tip on carryout?" DISREGARD anything other than the fact that you are picking up food. DISREGARD if the cashier was really nice and gave you extra napkins. DISREGARD if the total was over $400. DISREGARD if the cashier is actually crying and can barely manage giving you your food.

Please /ck/, do me right so I dont have to beat my father in law to a pulp.
>>
I have never tipped on carry out, nor do I think that it is a thing to anyone, any where.
>>
>>7884064
I only tip for home delivery.
>>
I don't tip for carry out unless I know they haven't fucked up my order, or its a large order for the office or something like that. If you do you are a moron.
>>
>>7884064
No you dumb shit. And you tipped someone for holding an elevator for you? Get a load of this meandering faggot.
>>
>>7884064
>Here are the facts about me. I tip anyone.

You're an idiot.
>>
It's welcomed but not expected. It's a nice gesture if you're a regular; they'll likely throw in some extras if you give a little on your end.
>>
>>7884064

No. Why the fuck would I?

A gratuity is reward for exemplary service. Some schmuck putting my food in a bag and handing it to me does not warrant a tip.
>>
>>7884064
I only tip because I don't want people to spit into my food.

That's it. Also here in germany you rarely tip and when you do you usually just round up.
>>
If its a place where I'm a regular I'll tip every now and again.

If I think I can bang the hostess with a little work sure.
>>
File: 4e2d838beddc6c698b002c8b.jpg (22 KB, 367x332) Image search: [Google]
4e2d838beddc6c698b002c8b.jpg
22 KB, 367x332
>>7884064
>tipping on carry out
Nope
>>
If there is a tip line on a receipt I cannot help myself but to put at least a dollar down.
>>
>>7884088
What do you think meandering means?
>>
>>7884305
Indirectly dipping his toes into a practice of hardcore faggotry, such as you're doing right now.
>>
>>7884064
i do, i see tip more as a necessary add-on to the poor pay, so its independant of service or time spent
>>
Well, what is the tip for? If you're tipping the cooks then sure, go ahead. If you're tipping the cashier, that's stupid. If you tip someone just for ringing you up, then you must tip literally everywhere you shop.
>>
>>7884064
>Should you tip on carryout?
No.

Are you retarded?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.