[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I wanted to get into cooking so with my birthday coming up, I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 0..jpg (21 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
0..jpg
21 KB, 1080x1920
I wanted to get into cooking so with my birthday coming up, I wished for a nice cooking knife.
This is what I got.
Anyone know if it's any good? Is it even worth it for a relative beginner to do the faux pax of getting it exchanged? I am pretty poor
>>
File: chef knife.jpg (80 KB, 1024x800) Image search: [Google]
chef knife.jpg
80 KB, 1024x800
>>7883218
it matters what kind of food you are going to be cooking, if your going to be preparing any asian foods you will probably want to pick up one of these. one of the best methods of cutting fruit i can share is to just grab as many as you can with one had and throw them all up in the air and try to cut as many as you can with a single slash
>>
>>7883223
Don't be like that anon
>>
>>7883226
sorry. ive been up for a long time and everything is funny to me. as a beginner chef you probably wont notice the things that you would if you had a nicer knife so dont worry too much right now. seems like a decent knife. as you gety better at cooking you will start to notice the smaller things that you would like in a knife and then you will find one perfect for you. again, sorry for that shit post
>>
>>7883218
Pretty entry lvl but it'll be fine for now. People get too worked up about knives, I know people with £600 sets yet can't even chop fucking vegetables properly
>>
>>7883239
Are you telling me a wursthöf set won't make me a kitchen ninja?
>>
>>7883256
Yes, but keep it a secret.
>>
>>7883218
Fiskars makes good quality products. It'll be a fine knife OP. And it is rude to return a gift, but you already knew that.
>>
It's relatively thin behind the edge, it has 30 degree inclusive angle ... so yeah, it will cut well.

It's relatively soft, so just get a knife steel and use it often.
>>
>>7883218
You should look into exchanging it for a low priced decent knife. Until recently i'd have said Victorinox but some stores now have Henckels 4-star chef's knives and santokus for $40. Not incredible knives but a damn sight above Fiskars lmao
>>
>>7883239
How do you fuck up chopping vegetables?
>>
>>7884195
Never seen Marie make her famous Italian sauce, eh?
>>
>>7884716
Did she have a zwilling though?
>>
Get a mac 7 inch utility knife. It's like $60 on amazon and has almost replaced my 10" chefs knife for most tasks. carbon steel and it holds its edge quite well. for the price you can't beat it
>>
>>7884195
Life, uh, finds a way
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.