[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Website for Teas
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: 1325466801281.jpg (41 KB, 449x338) Image search: [Google]
1325466801281.jpg
41 KB, 449x338
Where can I find a website that sells decent tea?

I've been told to stay away from Tevanna because they're horribly overpriced, but I don't really know about the alternatives.

A family member's birthday coming up and I'd like to get them some tea leaves. Unfortunately we live far from one another, so I'll likely have to order it online or go to my local tea shop and buy something to ship to them.

As an aside, what's a good tea for people in high-stress jobs besides chamomile?
>>
File: 1325467696634.jpg (47 KB, 1248x671) Image search: [Google]
1325467696634.jpg
47 KB, 1248x671
Should I ask in the morning?
>>
>>7883063
I wish I knew man. Best guess wholesale from a bubble tea company. I usually like experimenting with tea from the local asian market. Tea that reduces anxiety includes lemon balm, nettle (fresh), milky oats/oatstraw or flat-out oat tea, jasmine flowers, white tea, and jasmine oolong tea. Oolong gives you a bit of a balanced boost without burning you out, and jasmine helps with anxiety. Stash tea is alright. Equal Exchange still isn't good. Yorkshire Gold is boss. Ten Ren is decent quality but not top tier. I still have no idea how to find the best, but Ten Ren is the best green tea online I KNOW of that will give you bang for your buck. Teavana is the crack whore of teas.
>>
http://pastebin.com/SLnGTTKe
>>
File: 1405148286602.gif (917 KB, 500x284) Image search: [Google]
1405148286602.gif
917 KB, 500x284
>>7883331
>http://pastebin.com/SLnGTTKe
Wow anon, this is a big help. Thanks.
>>
>>7883063
>As an aside, what's a good tea for people in high-stress jobs

coffee
>>
File: 200_s.gif (55 KB, 357x200) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
55 KB, 357x200
>>7883108
>referring to tisanes as teas
>>
Might I recommend crepes tea house? Most of their tea is pretty nice, well priced, and free shipping.
>>
>>7883063
I just finished my shitty Saturday night shift and I'm dying to get home and have a pot of lemon ginger tea.

Chop up lemons and chunks of ginger, boil until taste is satisfactory (taste periodically). Add honey if desired.

Peppermint is also calming
>>
>>7883634
That is not tea, anon.
>>
camellia-sinensis.com

They ship from Montreal for about $5 and have a good selection and prices. Plus they handwrote me a happy holidays card in my last order. T-thanks.
>>
>>7883063
Hey OP, may I advise DavidsTea.com?
They have really hood loose leaf and herbal teas. Any time you get a flavor the first time they include a metal storage tin for your tea, and you can also get some fancy mugs with a lid for steeping and a tea streiner.
>>
>>7883063
>>7883108

I tend to order my tea from one of these two:

rishi-tea.com
arborteas.com

Arbor is especially useful if you're new to higher quality teas because they'll send you cheap sample sized portions of their tea. You can spend $50 and get a couple dozens different teas to try and see what you like.
>>
>>7883779
I don't recommend davidstea if you are seriously into tea.

That isn't to say everything they have is BAD (some of their flavored teas are nice, and their second flush dajeerling is GOAT as hell. Got it when I ordered the steeper from there) but it's kind of in teavana tier. You'll note that they have a lot of blends for people who just like sweet things. (Jelly beans, cupcake, etc) I'd avoid them.

And in all honesty, not everything from Teavana is awful either. I've heard good things about their dragon pearl teas.

Adagio is alright. It's a step above the previous two, and most of what they have is alright for the price. Their samplers are good.

I recommended crepes tea house earlier and I love it. Try the cinnamon plum and golden dragon pearl, both are to die from.

I'll get memed to death, but /r/tea's sidebar has some good resources. (Just don't stay for the discussion, you'll die of autism)
>>
>>7883855
I won't tellbyou you are wrong. (Fucking caramel popcorn tea?) But I am an addict for the ginger beer tea. It even makes good moscow mules.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.