[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>bought fish fingers for the first time in years >forgot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 29-fish-fingers-rex.jpg (2 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
29-fish-fingers-rex.jpg
2 MB, 2048x1536
>bought fish fingers for the first time in years
>forgot about the parasitic worm thing

can't afford to throw them away, fuckkk
>>
Just eat around the worms
>>
>>7882666
If you cook your food, it tends to kill the things in it.

I think it's 140 or 145.
>>
File: milk.jpg (35 KB, 468x278) Image search: [Google]
milk.jpg
35 KB, 468x278
>>7882666
Just eat them anyway, Satan, I'm sure you of all people will be fine.
>>
>>7882673
still not nice though, is it lad?
>>
>>7882673
>>7882676

Depends on the expected contaminates.

Please consult ServSafe's charts for more information.

As a rule of thumb, 165F will kill just about anything and make food safe to consume.

Food sitting out between the temperatures of 42F and 135F will become not safe. 4 hours is your limit here. Don't leave lukewarm, moist food out for more than 4 hours between these temperatures.
>>
It's fish fingers - I imagine shit is already very dead when the fish was mashed into a pulp.
>>
>>7882666
Just return them you moron, if there is a recall they will take them, if there isn't threaten to call the police
>>
>>7882696
they're inherent to the product, you moron. look up cod and worms
>>
Only fresh fish have them. Processed and frozen fish shouldn't as all of them should die within 7 days of being frozen at -20C.
>>
>>7882681
I regularly ate pizza that was sitting out at room temp for two days or more during my darker days. I never got sick, what gives?
>>
fish has been frozen for a long time, it's safe to eat babe.
>>
>>7882750
It's not a guarantee, it's just not safe. Like driving without a seatbelt. Or not using condoms.
>>
>>7882725
Yup
This is how sushi is safe to eat.
All sushi is flash frozen which kills any parasites and their eggs
>>
>>7882696
Call the police? What are they going to do? Arrest all employees? When was the last time you saw police leaving a supermarket with bags full of confiscated fish fingers?
>>
>>7882784
You forget that there are different grades of fish like for example sashimi grade tune is exceptional and extremely clean
>>
>>7883568
>sashimi grade tune [sic]
there is no such thing m8

the term was invented by less trustworthy businesses who were having trouble getting customers to accept that their food is inherently safe

it's a more weebish sounding way of saying "Super Duper Premium Quality No Worms Promise It Won't Sick You Tuna"
>>
>>7883568
Incorrect.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.