[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm thinking of taking something like this to /int/ but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
I'm thinking of taking something like this to /int/ but I hate /int/ and this is food related.

Anyway, I've been indulging my inner slav, blin! Watching lots of life of boris! Hes been using an estonian mustard called "sinep". That may be how you say mustard in estonian even, but I don't care. Anyway, I can't even find this on Amazon or a mock recipe to it on any site, but from what Boris say, is concentrated, blyat! If you have experience, recipes, or any info on this I'd love to hear it

Otherwise, I'm up for discussing other slav food/food products or other products we can't seem to find in out own countries.

For instance, one other thing I can't find in my country is called "table syrup" which sounds like a molasses based syrup used in shoofly pie
>>
File: Dr. Pavel, I'm Duane.gif (811 KB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
Dr. Pavel, I'm Duane.gif
811 KB, 480x320
Dude I read like 20 words in your post and just stopped. I don't know what it is but something in your post just destroyed my will to keep reading on.
>>
>and people complain about weebs
>>
>>7881710
Are Slavs the new weebs?
>>
>>7881688
Hahaha that says penis backwards
>>
OP Here

>>7881710
I like trying food from my heritage. Most people where I live can make french and English food (English being the second half of my heritage), but even getting beets and pork belly (thanks islam) is hard here. It's difficult to make slav food and id love to.

>>7881754
Unfortunately that's why I can't get any info. I just get urban dictionary. It seems to be placed on the tube like it's a brand name, but I'm not able to read any slav language so idk what anything on the tube says.

-I'm one of the ex chefs who posts here monthly, and i have tons of experiences making and buying mustards, soif you want info on that i'll provide near expert opions.-

>>7881691
Sorry man, I'm long winded and can't seem not to be.

>>7881737
No. People who imitate slavs just buy track suits and drink vodka. They look more like middle class childless families who pretend to exercise.
>>
>>7881782
Are you sure it's not a tube of pizzle?
>>
File: senap-stark-200g-slotts.jpg (17 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
senap-stark-200g-slotts.jpg
17 KB, 500x500
>>7881803
Nah its mustard

I asked my friend from Sweden and he says it's a but like slotts stark.

So I may just grab that if it's on amazon. Idk yet
>>
>>7881688

its by taste very similar to horseradish. Its just really strong mustard and i'm sure you can find similar in any country.
>>
>>7881782
>I'm not able to read any slav language so idk what anything on the tube says.

>>7881688
It says "Põltsamaa strong mustard" on the tube, right there.
Põltsamaa seems to be the brand name, while kange means "strong" according to Google translate. The "50" part near the opening seems to be about the 50 year anniversary of the mustard.

>>7881813
Similarly, Slotts is the brand name and the text on the black part of the tube says "Strong - classis mustard".
Note the similar spellings, senap and sinep. Mustard is spelled or pronounced similar to that in many European languages.
>>
>>7881688
that spells "penis" backwards
>>
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 720x585) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 720x585
>>7881782
Estonia is not a Slavic country, you mong, but a Fenno-Ugric like Finland or Hungary.

Põltsamaa is a traditional strong Estonian mustard. A lovechild of regular mustard and horse radish or wasabi. It has to make your eyes water, otherwise there's no point eating it. I don't care for the stuff myself, but a lot of people here consider this the only 'real sinep'.
Source? Native Estonan here.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.