[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Salt
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: salt.jpg (71 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
salt.jpg
71 KB, 1024x768
Whats better, highly refined salt or unrefined salt?
>>
>Not combining pure elemental Chlorine & Sodium in a controlled reactor

Get a load of the pleb over there.
>>
>>7881459

For what purpose?
>>
>>7881496

I am going to go out on a limb and guess that OP would be implying that he aims to cook with the salt.
>>
>>7881459
those tiny tasty rocks sure are tasty
>>
>>7881516
It generally considered lazy writing to use a word twice like that in a sentence, it makes you seem lazy.
>>
File: Eo21jTTWtmQ.jpg (60 KB, 604x402) Image search: [Google]
Eo21jTTWtmQ.jpg
60 KB, 604x402
>>7881548
Wew :^)
>>
>>7881459
Salt is salt, no matter how you cut it, so use it with care. With that said, though, artisan salts aren't completely a meme as their impurities do give them a noticeable aftertaste, in the manner that mineral water tastes different from tap. Hence the sizeable market for 'finishing salts' that are applied AFTER the cooking's done.
>>
>>7881557
>Salt is salt, no matter how you cut it, so use it with care.

To a certain degree yes. I stumbled upon this chef john video yesterday. it shows that the amount of salt in different salts can wildly vary by volume...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGCY9Cpia_A

I knew that it made a difference, but didn't think the difference was so large.
>>
>>7881556
Kot !
>>
File: 09239057423057.jpg (235 KB, 2048x1027) Image search: [Google]
09239057423057.jpg
235 KB, 2048x1027
>>7881581
Kot likes salty foods like sausages.
>>
>>7881459

I have no problem with purification and iodine but the modern anti-caking agents are pretty fucking nasty. Cyanide salts and nanoparticles are commonly used.

The anti-caking agents they used to use were pretty much fine, but currently tablesalt seems designed as a poison by TPTB as so many compounds in our daily lives are.
>>
>>7881562
Well obviously the amount matters, but unless you over or under salt, your dish will taste the same no matter what type you're using. And you should always salt to taste anyway, with the obvious exception of baking.
>>
>>7881557
A lot of the varying kinds of salt are produced in different ways
>>
>>7881511
instead of pickling, or brining, or preserving, or any of the number of other things you can do with salt that don't pertain to heating other food.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.