[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any difference in taste, when drinking beer from a bottle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: craftbeer.jpg (253 KB, 615x400) Image search: [Google]
craftbeer.jpg
253 KB, 615x400
Is there any difference in taste, when drinking beer from a bottle vs a glass?
>>
Changes your nasal profile significantly, yeah.
>>
>>7879452

When you pour a beer into a glass it allows the aromas of the hops, malts, and yeast to reach your nose before and during your drinks. Since smell and taste are very closely linked, it does improve taste when a beer is poured into a glass, especially a tulip or snifter glass.
>>
>>7879452

I think pouring into a glass helps reduce some of the carbonation, which probably gives you a better idea of the beer's taste
>>
a little
>>
Glass; you can smell the beer, bottle; you can't. Keep in mind any taste that isn't sour/sweet/bitter/salty/savory is the result of smell.

It's a massive difference.
>>
If you're drinking an ale with sediment in the bottle, pouring it into a glass gives you the option of whether you want sediment in your drink or not.
>>
There are different kinds of glasses specifically designed to allow you to inhale the smells as you drink it, same as wine or cognac. Even fucking Sam Adams has their own glass designed by NASA scientists to increase the enjoyment of their mediocre beer.
>>
>>7879575

It's called a yeast cake in unfiltered beers (so pretty much every homebrew ever) and there's never a question of whether you want it or not... you don't.
>>
>>7879599
Perhaps learn to siphon properly, mine has virtually zero sediment.
>>
>>7879599
I mix it into some beers.

Coopers pale ale, the yeast is the star of the show in that particular beer.
Also some wheat beers taste better with the trub mixed up in the beer.
>>
>>7879602
when you're adding sugar during secondary fermentation for carbonation, you're allowing the remaining yeast to multiply and produce CO2
a yeast cake is going to occur in homebrew>>7879602
>>
buncha high falutin goddamn pussies around here. I drink my beer how the good lord intended for it to be drunk. straight oughta the can it was born in
>>
>>7879452
IMO bottle vs. glass isn't a major difference, but it is there.

Storage is so much more important.

Keg >>>> bottle > can.
>>
>>7879722
You don't know what you're talking about even a little bit.
>>
>>7879722
>Can beneath bottle
Cans are cheaper to move, more profitable to recycle, and protect the beer better

Also I can take them to the beach
>>
>Fart smelling snobs: The thread
>>
>>7879692
shut up u fat shiet
>>
Question for you all:

If I buy a case of beer in bottles, is it worth pouring them into glass? Or should I just drink straight from the bottle
>>
why has no one thought of adding glass flavour to canned drinks?
>>
>>7880800
Depends on what sort of beer it is.

If it's just a shitty lager beer I wouldn't bother.

If you look it up just about every beer style has a glass to suit it. You don't need to get that autistic about it but if you want to smell the hoppy aroma from a nice pale ale or IPA or the roasted barley from a stout, a glass is the way to go.
>>
>>7880546
All good points, but I am strictly talking about flavor.
>>
>>7880828
Just grind up glass and add it urself
>>
>>7879452
Beer in a glass is easier to chug
>>
>>7880800
Just try one of each and see if you notice a difference you fucking dolt.
>>
>>7879452
If it's a good beer - always use a glass.

If it's a shit macro and you're trying to get drunk... who cares?
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.