[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I made cheese filled chicken, was a literal 10/10 Thoughts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_20160714_161256.jpg (2 MB, 4160x3120) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160714_161256.jpg
2 MB, 4160x3120
I made cheese filled chicken, was a literal 10/10

Thoughts? What would your preferred side dish be, potatoes or rice?
>>
File: image.jpg (187 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
187 KB, 1200x900
>>7877945
That looks like something your girlfriend in college would make to "impress" you.
>>
>>7877945
>>>7877942

Looks awful. no browning at all on the meat, just a bunch of soggy glob.

I don't see any signs of seasoning in there either--no herbs in sight. I can't even see anything as basic as black pepper.
>>
>>7877959
I used black pepper, swedish grillkrydda, and some dried thyme
The meat isn't brownish because I covered the plate with aluminum foil and made a few holes in it before putting it in the oven for 20 minutes at 235 degrees celcius
>>
>>7877967
Nigga, why didn't you sear it.
>>
>>7877973
I actually wanted to sear it at first, but then cooking it in the oven seemed like a much more appealing idea
>>
>>7877967
>I used black pepper, swedish grillkrydda, and some dried thyme

Where are they? You can't see any of that in the photo. Did you season after cooking?

>>7877980
>cooking it in the oven seemed like a much more appealing idea

and that's why you're a bad cook. At least sear it a pan before putting it into the oven. Or leave the foil off so that the top browns.
>>
>>7877945
You should have broiled it for 5 or 10 minutes to get it browned on the top
>>
>>7877945

I hope it tasted good, OP, because that picture makes the dish look incredibly unappetizing
>>
>>7878007
I seasoned before cooking, i didn't sprinkle them on top of the chicken, it was more like I applied them evenly across the inside and outside of chicken the breast with a bit of oil.
I don't like too much seasoning as I'm very sensitive to salt so I didn't put in too much.
It all comes down to preference, if someone ever offered me a chicken breast with the black pepper or salt all in one area I'd immediately throw it in the trash. I can't even tolerate the natural saltiness of potatoes.
>>
>>7878020
You put oil on the chicken you planned to cook in cheese? My asshole puckered
>>
>>7878023
not much, barely half a teaspoon
>>7878015
It did, I guess I should have taken off the aliminum foil in the the last 5-6 minutes to get it a bit brownish
>>
>>7877945
It may taste good but it looks like white shit desu
>>
So for next time, less oil
sear it or unfoil it
and less cheese?
any more tips?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.