[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>people swear by nyc pizza >go to new york for a few months
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: DeepDish-Cheese-Front.jpg (210 KB, 381x379) Image search: [Google]
DeepDish-Cheese-Front.jpg
210 KB, 381x379
>people swear by nyc pizza
>go to new york for a few months
>try the pizza in the city about 12 times
>all painfully mediocre
Is new york style shit or have i just been going to the wrong places
also pic unrelated
>>
>>7877765
Sorry you fell for the meme a anon. Yes, all NY pizza is just your eveyday, plain-jane generic pepperoni & cheese.

Literally every national chain is just as good.
>>
File: cheese_bread.jpg (162 KB, 1200x564) Image search: [Google]
cheese_bread.jpg
162 KB, 1200x564
>>7877765
New York style pizza can be described with a simple question: "What's the smallest amount of dough, sauce, cheese, and toppings that we can get away with?"

Cheese "sticks" are better, anyways. I bought a stand mixer, and now I eat a glutenous :-) amount of cheese bread and marinara sauce.
>>
>>7877768
>pepperoni
flyover land pls go
>>7877765
the average restaurant everywhere is shit, it's the same in NYC. that's why people who care about quality usually do a little research instead of just popping into the first random place that enters their field of vision
>>
>>7877774
Ive done research but even the higher rated places on yelp are meh. I hope detroit style isnt this disappointing
>>
For me it is the 'go 'za. The best style of pizza.
>>
>>7877765
'go 'zas look disgusting, they are an abomination.
>>
>>7878087
>>7878104
I unironically like 'go 'za, desu.
>>
>>7877765
I think it WAS good back in the day. Nowadays all you have left is the crap afaik.

Except for Zio Nino's in Bensonhurst.
>>
>>7877765

Don't know what you're doing wrong, man. About three years ago I went to NYC, stopped in grand central station, got a slice of pizza from a dirty tiny stall and it was the best fucking pizza I've ever had.

To this day I wonder if that little stall would still be there if I made a trip back.

Did I just get stupidly lucky?
>>
>>7877765
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2nh44yCiwU

might just be you tea bea que aych
>>
Chicago pizza > New York pizza
>>
>>7879240
I don't remember there ever being a pizza stall in grand central
>>
>>7877868
detroit style is goat
'' is alright but it has been meme'd to death around here
as you said, ny style is unremarkable
>>
>>7877765
Go away Ohio.
>>
>>7879508
S P O O P Y

P

O

O

P

Y
>>
you've been had. NYC pizza is shit.
the only people who think it's good are people too ashamed to admit it's shit
>>
If anyone is ever around Hickory, NC you should try out Amalfi Pizza. They are NY style and I really like not only their pizza (slices are as large as my head and only like $2 or less) but the rest of their food. Even their pasta is pretty decent for being what they are. It's not all watery and crappy like a lot of take out places.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.