[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/ck/'s thoughts on Taco Bell?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 2
File: rs_560x415-140228134517-1024.jpg (50 KB, 560x415) Image search: [Google]
rs_560x415-140228134517-1024.jpg
50 KB, 560x415
Compared to nearly any other fast food place Taco Bell is usually my first choice. What's your thoughts on it?
>>
>>7877636
>What's your thoughts on it?
that this is Marketing scam and that the thread schould be deleted soon
>>
>>7877636
It's pretty good.
>>
>>7877638
nah senpai. I like 'em but wouldn't care if they lost profits at all
>>
I'd like them more if their calorie/fat/sodium count wasnt fucking ridiculous. Food is delicious and made to order but I feel disgusting afterward unless Im drunk.

I mean I guess its to be expected of fast food but still. It's no fucking wonder americans are so fat.

>>7877638
>thinking taco bell would waste time trying to advertise here
>implying /ck/ isnt full of fat fucks who would eat there anyway
>>
>>7877636

worked there for several months (not answering questions), the food quality is absolutely terrible

they can't even make rice or beans properly, both of which arrive dehydrated (the beans in powder) and to which are added hot water.

The "meat" comes in frozen bags that are then dropped in boiling water and put onto your taco.

The food appears to taste good because of the amount of cheese, fried stuff and sauces.

The ground beef literally gives me diarrhea every time I eat it and I know of no other product that has this effect.

The chicken is slurry meat like you would find in a chicken nugget or pre-made chicken patty.

A single taco has the meat (like a single hot dog) of several thousand different animals in it.

Thinking about this stuff makes it impossible to eat Taco Bell unless you are drunk.

The one redeemable menu item is probably the chips and cheese, which are the closest thing to ball park nachos I know of, are cheep, and don't make me worry about meat sourcing.

Also if you're getting a "Big Box" for 5 bucks and change, you might as well spend another two bucks and get a Chipotle Burrito.
>>
>>7877652
but a Chipotle Burrito doesn't come with a drink for $7
>>
>>7877657

I only drink water and beer, so I don't have that problem.
>>
>>7877659
fair enough
>>
>>7877652
>tfw vegetarian so I never have eaten the meat at Taco Bell

Never given me stomach issues.
>>
>>7877668

The meat is honestly the sketchiest part of Taco Bell, by far. If you're eating vegetarian food you have to contend with cardboard beans and rice, but at least you aren't signing up for stomach aches, weird shits, general bad health and ethical regrets.
>>
It's pretty much the only fast food I eat. Gotta have dat cheesy gordita crunch every few weeks
>>
Breakfast crunchwrap is a pleasant surprise
>>
>>7877652
You forgot to mention the bean powder is white before mixing it with water.
>>
We finally have one opening in my town in two days
>>
>>7877636
Taco Bell does this weird thing where it feels like it expands in my stomach and feels like I'm full beyond capacity
I really don't enjoy that feeling so I avoid Taco Bell when posible
>>
File: 1403199769912.gif (4 MB, 350x255) Image search: [Google]
1403199769912.gif
4 MB, 350x255
>>
>>7877636
Overpriced and only worth it if I'm drunk/high
And if I'm gonna drop that cash I go all in, baja blast icee, nachos bel grande, a couple beefy crunch burritos and just go ham on that

again, never sober
>>
>>7877636
It's delicious and cheap.
>>
In almost exactly 5 hours I will be eating the number 7 chicken, soft taco no lettuce, and a beefy fritos burrito. 4 Diablo sauces and 4 fire sauces. 1/3 half and half, 1/3 mango tea, 1/3 pink lemonade.
>>
>>7877636
Taco Bell is shit but sometimes I kind of like it.
>>
>Three taco bells in my town, which one I go to depends on where I'm at when I decide to get some
>The one closest to my apartment at a truck stop and ran by what I assume are inbred morons, every time you go there something is fucking burning and they never get my order right
>Seriously what part of "no sour creme" is fucking difficult to understand
>The one up in town near my gym (honestly the most convenient to go to because I can stop there after work) is run by a bunch of hood rats who mumble and fuck my order up harder than the one next to my apartment, usually when I see a certain trio of morons working I know to just leave (and therefore don't eat out so they're doing me a favor)
>I can order a crunchwrap, be the only person in the store, and get a quesadilla, they're that fucking bad
>And then they get shitty when you tell them it's wrong
>The one place I actually liked, the one at the mall right next to my work, got shut down because the manager quit, the employees came to work whenever they felt like it, and nobody paid the bills to be in the mall
>That was the place that was mostly staffed by bro-tier employees who actually put enough meat in your food to actually feed you

Can't win. And I only ever go like once a month or so, so it sucks that something is always wrong.
>>
>>7877636
I think youre a faggot ass summer intern for them
Fuck off
>>
I like it, half it about twice a month or so
always order a cheesy gordita crunch and a five layer burrito
>>
Their best stuff is their cheapest.

Except Taco Supreme. That shit is worth the $2-3, and goes great with a beefy nacho griller or a mexiwrap.
>>
When I go, it's because my friends want to go there. I just get three normal crunchy tacos and a medium Pepsi.

If I get to choose where we go, I always go Hardee's if it's open. I fucking love their chicken tenders and curly fries.
>>
>>7879944
If you're getting the three tacos and a medium drink, it's likely cheaper to just do a number 8 (three tacos and a large drink). I always try to do things like that to save people money, unless they're rude as fuck.

Also, anyone who likes the flatbread sandwiches should try them grilled.
>>
I like it, it's easy to order vegetarian
>>
>>7877647

this, i usually only get it if im drunk, tex-mex is probably my least favorite crappy Americanised cuisine
>>
>>7877636
Pretty good. Usually just get some cool ranch tacos and a burrito or 2. Also the Baja Blast freeze is top notch
>>
>>7877652
>go to taco bell
>don't expect some idiot to know how to make rice or beans, so they simplify it as much as possible
>don't expect some idiot to know how to properly season or thoroughly cook meat, so they simplify it as much as possible
>have no issue eating their ground beef, not once, not ever
>the chicken is all clearly cut from the breast into strips
I don't know what you expected to be quite honest familia. Instant rice has been a thing forever. Freezing meat in bags which can then be boiled is a practice that even some of the highest quality restaurants do. It allows a company to pay fewer chefs and schedule regular appearances for their best, meaning the best chefs are always the ones doing the cooking and thus providing consistency to the level of quality the restaurant is outputting.
>>
>>7877652
ok but Idgaf about quality. I am already going to taco bell

what is the best taste per $ that I can get?
>>
>>7880270
mini chicken quesadillas are $1 each and they're hard to beat, hands down they're the best option on the value menu
>>
>>7877652
Worked being the key word.
If you can't hold down a job at TBell there's no fucking hope for you.
>>
>>7880270
beefy fritos or beefy crunch for sure
>>
I go like 3-4 times a year

usually get a beef chalupa and put one of each sauce packet in it

's pretty gud
>>
>>7880270
Beefy Fritos burrito is probably the most filling value item, and it's pretty damn good. Just try to eat it quickly or the Fritos get all soggy.
>>
Fresco style crunchy bean taco party pack. Every time.
>>
>>7880288
>>7880313
>>7880322
so what a quesadilla and a beefy fritos burrito?

thats only 2 bucks guys; I'm not sober

what else should I shoot for?
>>
>>7880344
Loaded potato griller is pretty good. If you want something sweet, the Cinnabon delights or caramel apple empanadas are tasty.
>>
they got rid of verde sauce in my area, havent been back since
>>
Can any Taco Bell fags explain why there's inconsistency regarding my burritos? Whenever I go (which is more than I'm proud to admit) I get a 5-layer burrito. Sometimes it'll come in a normal, soft tortilla. But about 25% of the time it will be brown and crusty, very tough and it seems like it's been grilled or cooked somehow. This will invariably be poorly-folded and will fall apart after I take one bite, always ruins my meal.
>>
>>7877652
>The "meat" comes in frozen bags that are then dropped in boiling water and put onto your taco.
woah sous vide, nice
>>
>>7880380
LMAO
>>
>>7880366
probably one that they had sitting under a heat lamp, i imagine
>>
>>7880412
There are no heat lamps at Taco Bell. Believe it or not, everything is made when you order it. The issue is..
>>7880366
The tortillas come in plastic bags. Retard steamers (the first person on the food line) like to take the entire stack of tortillas out of the bag to make them easier to grab, which makes the last ones on the bottom kind of flaky and dried-out by the time they get to them.
If they use old-ass tortillas for your burrito then go ask them for another one. They KNOW they're not supposed to be fucking doing that and they do it because they think nobody's going to care enough to complain.
>>
>>7880426
Oh, and tortillas go in a spot above the tortilla grill, so if the stock doesn't get rotated out and a bag sits there for a day or two, the heat will dry out the tortillas and make them EXTRA shitty.
Management doesn't want you to throw away ANYTHING though, so it still gets used. It was abhorrent how much shitty food we were making just because my assistant manager didn't want to throw out dried out tortillas or chalupa shells that were made an hour ago.
>>
>>7880432
what else should i complain about
>>
>>7880042
I think that's what I order, now that I think about it. It's been awhile, I haven't eaten taco bell in four months, at least.
>>
>>7878249
>overpriced

What
>>
>>7879484
>sour creme

What did he mean by this?
>>
It's by far the most vegetarian friendly fast food. You can replace the meat with potato or something and still have a legitimate burrito, vs a burger joint where you can get bun and salad.
Like at McD's you can't get ANYTHING, even parfaits have gelatin and fries are flavored with beef. For vegetarians, Taco Bell is a godsend
>>
>>7880599
It's a common condiment.
>>
>>7879484
what area are you in? have a hypothesis about midwest taco bell management and trying to see if it's true
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.