[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's a superb white sauce recipe? I'm trying to remember
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: white-sauce.jpg (274 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
white-sauce.jpg
274 KB, 800x800
What's a superb white sauce recipe? I'm trying to remember one from years ago using corn starch but all I can find are recipes with ketchup and tomato paste.
>>
>>7875184

Can you be more specific with "white sauce"? There are all sorts of things that could be.
>>
>>7875184
Try Google you lazy little, weeaboo cunt.
>>
>>7875190
japanese white sauce/yum yum/shrimp sauce/other colloquial name

I'm gonna use it on some hibachi chicken tonight

>>7875200
I've been trying good sir but I can't find one that seems authentic.
>>
>google "japanese white sauce"
>every recipe uses tomato paste

Apparently that's one of the ingredients, OP. When every recipe includes it then it's obviously an essential part of the sauce. Are you afraid of tomatoes or something?
>>
>>7875200
>Try Google you lazy little, weeaboo cunt.

Already did. That's the problem. Google brings up too many options:
-Bechamel and various variations of it
-Some kind of Mayo-based BBQ sauce from Alabama
-The "white gravy" from the US south, also called country gravy or sawmill gravy
...and so on.

>>7875203
>I've been trying good sir but I can't find one that seems authentic.

That's because it's not authentic, it's a US thing. The sauce you are describing is virtually unheard of in Japan.
>>
>"""japanese""" white sauce
>>
>>7875238
No, I just remember the recipe from a few years ago didn't include ketchup or tomato paste but did include corn starch.

>>7875245
Yeah, unfortunately it's called by a variety of names but almost any Japanese restaurant is gonna know what you mean by white sauce.
>>
>>7875260

Why would a mayo based sauce include corn starch? Maybe you want a Chinese white sauce and not a Japanese one.
>>
>>7875260
>almost any Japanese restaurant is gonna know what you mean by white sauce.

Maybe this is a regional thing? I've been to countless Americanized Japanese places in TX and LA and I've never once seen it.
>>
>>7875245
>Sawmill gravy
>White
REEEEEEEEEEE. white gravy a shit btw
>>
>>7875289

I've never seen it before either, but would guess it's a thing you'd find at the real cheesy hibachi places like Benihana, though I've never actually been to one.
>>
>>7875322

Thing is, I've been to a couple of places similar to Benihana (though different names) and still didn't see it.
>>
>>7875326

I don't know, but if you google it it's apparently a thing. Doesn't sound too terrible actually.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.