[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I may be going to a churrasco place for the first time on my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: churrasco.jpg (312 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
churrasco.jpg
312 KB, 1600x1200
I may be going to a churrasco place for the first time on my birthday this friday, which are the best meats to get and which ones to pass up? i already know to ignore the salad bar and whatnot
>>
File: regwrg.jpg (175 KB, 776x561) Image search: [Google]
regwrg.jpg
175 KB, 776x561
Judging by your pic, OP, I'm gonna say you are going to a Brazilian churrascaria, right? if so

Go for:
>Picanha (rump cap)
>Filet Mignon
>Alcatra/maminha (top/bottom sirloin;bottom sirloin/flank)
>Contrafilé (tenderloin)
>Fraldinha (flank and bottom sirloin)
You should also try the Costela if they have it there. But be careful, if the churrasqueiro doesn't know how to cut or he didn't cook it properly, you'll have more fat than beef on your plate.

Avoid:
>Coxão duro
>Coxão mole
>Cupim
>Lagarto
>Paleta
All of these are low tier cuts, you won't see these cuts being served on a high end churrascaria in Brazil. Don't know how if the same applies to the churrascarias in your country tho.

For the pork and lamb part of the churrasco, get a small portion of any cuts they have, just to taste it. Don't forget that the 'main event' in churrascarias are always the bovine meat cuts.
Hope you have a great one, OP.
>>
>>7873924
don't shy away from chicken hearts, they're good as fuck
>>
>>7873963
Thanks
>>7873971
oh i'm well aware, best thing my grandmother ever did for me was force me to eat fried chicken heart when i was a youngin.
>>
Don't completely ignore the salad bar, then cheese bread nuggets are great.
>>
>>7873963
OP, this guy is 99% right, but don't dismiss cupim right away. It might be "low tier" meat, but a properly grilled piece is delicious and tender, give it a try at the very least.
>>
>>7873924
Meat is obvious but most people don't realize how incredibly good the grilled pineapple is with a dash of cinnamon on top. Most places don't out right offer it, but if you ask for it they will give you it since thats how its actually supposed to be served
>>
>i already know

Apparently you don't know shit. You get to try all the meats, and passing up the salad bar out of principle is retarded as fuck.
>>
>>7873924
>ignoring the salad bar
some of the stuff you can get in the salad bar is more expensive than the meat.
>>
>>7875340
such as?
>>
porra caralho
>>
>>7873963
fucking' screencaped
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.