[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you were rich would you just eat at restaurants all the time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
If you were rich would you just eat at restaurants all the time or get a private chef?
>>
Private chef feels too intimate, like you don't want this random guy ready in your proximity all the time. I'd probably mostly order food home or cook myself (provided you don't need to work because of the wealth).
>>
>>7873538
both
>>
>not cooking your own food with tons of money to buy fresh high quality ingredients
>>
>>7873574
This, but I'd pay somebody to do the dishes and cleaning.
>>
If I were rich I'd have a decked out, industrial grade home kitchen and would easily be able to pull down a homemaker wife who could cook. I'd still frequently cook, because I enjoy it, but if I felt like leaving the house I'd eat at restaurants as frequently as possible. The idea of having a private chef never seemed appealing to me; I like my privacy, and not having to pretend I like something when I have to see the chef every day.
>>
a butler/maid staff who does my cooking obs
>>
>>7873538
i am privat chef, i work for some billion and millionaires sometimes...
>>
Private Chef, by far.

I work for Sheldon Adelson, probably the richest Jew in America, and I've had food that his private chef made.

Literally the best food I've ever had. The beef was kosher, a little games, but god damn it was so tender. Also had some pastas and salads as well as some fresh bread. I was in Heaven.
>>
>>7873538
I'd have a fucking magnificent commercial quality kitchen and be able to afford primo ingredients.

I'd still cook at home for the most part, my meals would just be a lot better.
Would definitely enjoy eating out at a lot more restaurants though.
Not interested in a private chef.
Would only consider that if I was some kind of ultra busy billionaire with a separate wing/estate on my property for staff to live.
>>
>>7873547
>in your proximity

That's what servants quarters are for.
>>
File: the-life.jpg (232 KB, 1440x650) Image search: [Google]
the-life.jpg
232 KB, 1440x650
if i were rich i'd give the money to the needy.

i'm content on living off the land, being self sufficient. i'd buy a fishing pole and keep about $15000 in my bank so i have just enough to buy toilet paper (the one 1st world luxury i desire).

that's literally the perfect life. if you disagree you've been sold lies by society and had the wool pulled over your eyes. you think 1st world luxury and private chefs are the goal in life, but they really aren't.
>>
File: 56.gif (1 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
56.gif
1 MB, 200x150
>>7874131
>if you disagree you've been sold lies by society and had the wool pulled over your eyes. you think 1st world luxury and private chefs are the goal in life, but they really aren't.

Comment made on a computer from the comfort of your home in the suburbs of a first world country.

Why are you even on the Internet. You don't need money to live off the land and be self sufficient. Just pack a bag, leave the house and start now.
>>
>>7873538

I would cook myself all day every day, getting inspiration every now and then from michelin star restaurants.

Though t bh my friend even then I'd still eat at fucking street food joints when travelling SEA, India, or Latin America. Sometimes a fresh bowl of Pho from the street or a greasy Taco from someone who's been making Tacos for longer than 30 years can be more glorious than any high class dish.
>>
i kind of dislike eating at sit down restaurants these days

if i was michael-douglas-in-Wall-Street wealthy, i would probably have two kitchens and a hired cook. the hired cook could make me stuff in his kitchen, and when i wanted to make something for myself i would use my own. that way i can have catered food in my home but also maintain solitude and make my own coffee and snacks throughout the day without bumping into the cook who would be preparing lunch and dinner and etc.
>>
>>7874175

cook for* lmao
>>
>>7874175

This actually having the free time to cook delicious meals myself. Maybe I would hire a profession chef to teach me too.

I would also source only the best fresh organic produce although being rich I would probably have my own vegetable garden/hydroponics system and smallholding of livestock to make use of too.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.