[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Healthy food easy to make?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
I didn't know if this should be here or on /fit/, but whatever I will get to the point.

So I just want to eat healthier, not get on a diet, but eat things that will be good for my body.
Sadly I was never exposed to healthy foods in the past and I am too cheap to make elegant shit. Any ideas would be really helpful, thanks.
>>
>Thinks eating healthy is elegant.
Stop eating your potato chips and have some low sodium pretzels.

Don't drink sodas or energy drinks.

Make your own sandwiches with lots of vegetables and good meats.

Lots of fruits, vegetables, and nuts.

This shit is easy.
>>
Any vegetable cooked in garlic, oil and salt

also please PLEASE dry your veggies

you're making a stir fry not soup

unless its hard shit like broccoli and root veggies just add a bit of water to steam it up a bit
>>
>>7873425
>>7873428
Or better yet, since all health food "snacks" taste like shit, just eat nothing more than what you need for your meals.
>>
eat fresh fruits and vegetables?
>>
>>7873425
My lunch is lazy and healthy
>tupperware
>little babybell cheese
>a few thin thin slices of charcuterie of some sort, thinner the better (more 'portions')
>radishes
>apple

Sometimes i slice veggies thin and pickle em and bring those too

Sub the veggies and fruit for whatever and just snack. Its hard for me to eat unhealthy at work if i bring stuff like thag cause im too jew to buy expensive fast food and/or throw away my good lunch

Avoid carbs, soda, candy, etc until the weekend basically, even ''healthy ones'' or hidden ones like sweet coffee, cereal, tortilla chips, breads, too much pasta...
>>
>>7873425
Make literally everything fresh, processed food is shit. Buy quality meats, vegetables, fruits, real butter, etc. Stop drinking soda. Don't buy snack foods (If you have them you will eat them, and you won't stop). Stop drinking soda. Make a salad for lunch, don't use iceberg lettuce it's shit. Learn to love peppers. Start keeping a water bottle filled always. STOP DRINKING SODA.

Above all else, just eat what you like as long as it's not shit. 90% of "eating healthy" it just not being a lard ass and understanding moderation.
>>
take some root veggies
toss in oil
ROAST
aw yus
>>
File: red leaf.jpg (394 KB, 1200x803) Image search: [Google]
red leaf.jpg
394 KB, 1200x803
>>7873546
>don't use iceberg lettuce it's shit
Red leaf lettuce master race.
>>
>>7873425
anything fried
>>
>>7873546
>don't use iceberg lettuce it's shit.
american southerner detected
>>
>>7873425
Just make smoothies. Fruits, veggies, juice, yogurt, etc.
>>
water to calm thirst and hunger, some people like tea or water with lemon, use stevia

eat fruits, apples, bananas, oranges, no more than 2 portions per day

eat vegetables, avocado, lettuce, tomatoes, onions and make an easy average salad, add lemon, olive oil salt and pepper

for protein add chicken breasts, lentils, eggs or chickpeas, or oatmeal

example of a healthy morning meal would be eggs with whotemeal toasts, spinach and red pepper, and an orange/apple

for lunch chicken/lentils, rice and salad

for dinner i usually eat lentils and rice with some broccoli soup, but sometimes i eat yogurt/milk with oatmeal

basically just remember that you need fruits/veggies plus protein plus carbs, if you got that then you already have ahealthy meal

needless to say avoid eating too much sugar, salt, processed stuff, candy, oils, butter, fried and deep fried stuff, all that not good stuff is baadd
>>
>>7873425
any lentil dish is very healthy. try asking some indian friends (south asia, not native americans) for recipes.

a pressure cooker would also be a sensible purchase if you intend to commit to lentils for a period of time.
>>
>>7873425

get used to eating tons of veg by eating some raw veg. anything you can find. if it's too hard then eat it cooked. voila.

>>7875548

this guy gets it.
>>
>>7875548
>need carbs
Nice misinformation there, brah.
>>
>>7877416
Are you fuckin retarded, if you don't get carbs you literally die.
>>
>>7877444
Yeah, but you don't need that much in a day, only about 40-100g of them, depending on your TDEE.
>>
>>7877451
"Need" by itself is not defined. The average person needs more than 100g of carbs a day for optimal performance and optimal health, but less to avoid immediate metabolic illness.
>>
>>7873425
I've been just cooking frozen broccoli and putting alfredo sauce and parmesan on it.

It's pretty good.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.