[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why and how the hell does Japan have so many flavors of Kit Kats
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: dsc02575.jpg (3 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
dsc02575.jpg
3 MB, 2592x1944
Why and how the hell does Japan have so many flavors of Kit Kats than anywhere else?
>>
Japan has super autism about collecting shit.
>>
File: bbq.jpg (52 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
bbq.jpg
52 KB, 500x375
Why do Americans get so excited about foreign junk food?

And then when you mention foreign real food they get butthurt and say AUTHENTICITY IS PRETENTIOUS U CAN'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO
>>
They have a lot of flavors of most of the shit they seem to produce but I remember reading that kit kat pronounced in japanese sounds like the word for "good luck" so kit kats are more popular there than in the U.S.
>>
Japan is a land of wonderment and the greatest nation ever to be on the face of the Earth.
Everyone wishes they could live there.

Welcome to 4chan.
>>
Souvenir culture is really big in Japan. Like, if you go to a different city, even if it's just a hundred miles away, you're expected to buy something of their specialty back to everybody you know. In such situations quirky "region only" candy is handy, because it's cheap, small and usually appreciated by younger crowds.
>>
Pic related is creme brulee kit kats that you can toast or torch, pissed I didn't know about these when I was in Japan. my favorite was probably all the bit sized kit kats, that were somehow better than regular.
>>
http://www.mikesblender.com/indexblog88.htm

This also has to do with it
>>
>>7873189
Yea everyone is pretty off base

Its because Japanese people love buying new, unique, and or extremely delicious food but as soon as they've had it a few times they pretty much universally drop it for whatever the new thing is. People will wait in line for hours for a year for mundane shit like Garrets Pop Corn, Krispy Kreme, Taco Bell when they are new to the country, but 6 months to a year later hardly anyone will go because there is somewhere new to go to. Same deal applies to restaurants that get featured on the news and variety shows.

Stores only ever carry a few basic flavors of things (in KitKats case that would be Chocolate and Matcha) but theres always atleast one seasonal flavor out at time, that even if its wildly popular you'll be lucky to see again since the best way to guarantee sales in the food and restaurant industry is to create something totally new.
>>
kit kats is a near hononym for kitto katsu which means something i forgot in japanese
>>
>>7873284
It was literally the fist post.
>>
>>7873661
It's something along the lines of "you will win"
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.