[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Favourite foods from abroad? >be 10 >edmonton mall, canada
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (187 KB, 1200x898) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
187 KB, 1200x898
Favourite foods from abroad?

>be 10
>edmonton mall, canada
>used to eat pic related whenever possible

I'm going back to Canada in the next year with my sister, I'm really excited to have these again.
>>
I've had cinnabons. It wasn't that good. T.J. Cinnamons was better.
>>
>>7872116
From where?
>>
butter, flour and sugar. that's all it is man. grossssss.
>>
Various seafood dishes from Baja California.
>>
>>7872137
List some!
>>
>>7872125
I had cinnabons when I went to Universal Studios Florida. I was hoping for T.J. cinnamons tier goodness since they are basically extinct as a business but I was disappointed.
>>
File: chocolata.jpg (226 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
chocolata.jpg
226 KB, 1600x1200
>>7872138
Sea Urchin and Pismo clam tostadas
Crab Aguachile.
Sea Urchin ceviche
oysters in a ponzu and chle marinade
Octopus tacos
various prepared clam dishes
just to name a few
>>
>>7872107
You'll be disappointed, they're almost always stale.
>>
>>7872178
Octopus tacos sound amazing
>>
>cinnabon

Prepare for utter disappointment and ruined childhood memories, OP.
>>
>>7872339
Are you allowed to eat your cinnabons on the waterslide in that Deadmonton mall with the water park?
>>
>>7872107
>>cinnabon

In Eastern Europe we have the exact thing, only that is packed full with chocolate and crunched walnuts.
>>
>>7872496
Pecan cinnamon rolls are common in the us but no chocolate.
>>
OP here. Just had IKEAs cinnamon buns with added cream cheese and sugar. I don't care what you guys say this shit is delicious.
>>
nah bro cinnabon is disgusting. Find a nice German Mennonite Farm. You'll be in for a treat.
>>
Churros. Can't find any good, south American style churros in Ontario.
>>
Okonomiyaki. I went to Japan in high school, I fucking love seafood and this was basically seafood omelette on a hibachi grill. Also, fried purple sweet potato wedges and black sesame ice cream.
>>
>>7872107
I would get these as a kid in the US 35yrs ago, they're cinnamon buns? I'd even terrorize my mom at the super market to buy the type you could bake at home, they're just pastry dough, vanilla frosting and cinnamon right?
>>
>>7873662
Pretty much all the ingredients except for nagaimo and sakura ebi can be found pretty easily at most Asian market. Those are just nice extras anyway.

However its extremely hard finding places that are willing to thinly slice pork or beef. You can cut up your own squid though.
>>
>>7873700
>However its extremely hard finding places that are willing to thinly slice pork or beef
Yeah, this never made much sense to me.
>>
>>7872339
Yeah there's like 5 or 6 that I know of. 1 pretty close to me.
>>
>>7872107
Some type of pork sausage I had in city Cork at the English Market. It was at the O'Flynn's Gourmet Sausage stall. Miles away from what I had in England.
>>
File: download.jpg (8 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8 KB, 275x183
In Lisbon now devouring these things. Flaky phylo with an eggy custard center.
>>
File: 564004113.jpg (190 KB, 594x396) Image search: [Google]
564004113.jpg
190 KB, 594x396
>>7872107
I had this nearly everyday when I lived in China. It's unique to the area I was living in and I've never been able to find a place that makes it.

Re Gan Mian, so good
>>
>>7874350
>>7874350
>Re Gan Mian
Those are just boiled noodles topped with minced pork and scallions. Easy to make and a staple of an average chinese neighbourhood food market. Also throw in pork oil or sesame oil for that extra taste.
>>
>>7872107
Cinnabon is shit.
Their cinnamon rolls taste like raw dough with a bunch of fake cinnamon and sugar on top.
Do yourself a favor and look up the local bakeries or any other store that serves cinnamon rolls that isn't Cinnabon.
>>
>>7874585
>the local bakery maymay
Local bakeries are typically at supermarket tier. They are nothing special. Placebo effect is the only reason you feel differently.
>>
>>7874350
>living in China
>>
>>7874764
>They are nothing special.

Indeed. But that's still a step up from Cinnabon.
>>
>>7874585
Yea you're full of shit. Cinnabon may be a chain but they are the best cinnamon bun out there.

Local bakeries and grocery stores always skimp on something, whether its cinnamon, icing, or the size. This is true globally. Cinnamon buns are such a massive calorie bomb and niche enough that the market can really only support one place exclusively doing them.
>>
>>7874859
Even though cinnamon rolls are very popular there aren't any good ones on the market. You basically need to make your own. I don't know if that is because America when it comes to baked goods is a food wasteland, Americans are too cheap, places when they do open are price gouging up the ying yang, or healthfags are ruining the market.
>>
>>7874900
I've traveled all over, cinnamon buns are at best treated as slight indulgence over a plain bagel or toast and thats exactly what you get at bakeries in Europe and Japan.
>>
Goulash, in a loaf, with a pint of PU.

That is the epitome of comfy.
>>
File: 1450005354422.jpg (61 KB, 252x355) Image search: [Google]
1450005354422.jpg
61 KB, 252x355
>>7874935
>>
>>7872107
when i visited texas i went to this ice cream place called 'la michocana' and got their popsicle, mango one was really good. so simple and i really miss them. Mexican areas of texas are great
>>
File: o.jpg (145 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
o.jpg
145 KB, 1000x1000
>>7875655
mangonadas from texas. theyre a spicy sweet sorbet.
>>
I went to the Rittersport museum in Stuttgart, because I already loved the chocolate before, but you were able to make your own chocolate bar at a little station near the cafe- the aforementioned also had Rittersport hot chocolate.

I ended coming back to the cafe every day the rest of the week I was there to buy their pastries and chocolate goodness
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.