[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It amazes me in this day and age there are still restaurants
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 9
File: 1372403847571.jpg (81 KB, 607x456) Image search: [Google]
1372403847571.jpg
81 KB, 607x456
It amazes me in this day and age there are still restaurants that do not have their own website, let alone an online menu. As a special needs eater I need to be able to look up ahead of time if there is something I'm able to eat at a place before I go.
>>
File: 1291368603433.png (93 KB, 526x300) Image search: [Google]
1291368603433.png
93 KB, 526x300
>special needs

Stay in your home and fuck off retard
>>
File: Screenshot_20160712-134214.jpg (293 KB, 1435x867) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160712-134214.jpg
293 KB, 1435x867
>>7872095
>special needs
>>
>>7872095
>special needs eater
kek
>>
>>7872095
>eggs+omelette
>eggs on top of pancakes

FUCKING REEEEE
>>
>>7872095
Do you mean you have autism btw?
>>
>>7872181
perhaps this meal is for two people.
>>
I'm a vegetarian, so I need to specifically avoid meat entrees. A lot of places surprisingly don't offer that option still.
>>
>>7872226
So stay at home, mow your yard and just eat the lawn clippings if you're so worried about being exposed to meat. Weak-ass vegie bitch
>>
*AUTISM GENERAL*
>>
>>7872240
cringe

stop trying so hard
>>
>>7872290
>cringe
Are you 13 years old?
>>
File: louisCK.png (103 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
louisCK.png
103 KB, 600x399
>>
Same, but only because I don't want to sit in the restaurant just reading and having to tell the server "no I'm not ready" every two minutes. I also hate those hipster cafes that don't put prices on anything.

Which is still not nearly as bad as grocery stores that still don't have online catalogues. I mean it's 2016 get your shit together.
>>
>>7872319

Why would you read in a restaurant? You go there to eat, not to read. You want to read go to a library.

>>online catalogues at grocery stores
Why would you want that? You need to inspect the meat and produce before you buy it, which is useless on a website. Unless you're one of those fools who only buys premade foods.
>>
>>7872290
You forgot the **

Apply yourself
>>
>>7872336
>want to check if a store has things like chickenpea flour
Guess i should just go inspect every store in town right?
>>
>>7872319
>that don't put prices on anything
That's because the average patron there doesn't worry about things like prices because they're not a poorfag living from paycheck to paycheck trying to live above their means.
>>
>>7872336
You're not buying the food online you retard, you're just seeing if they have in the first place.
>>
>>7872365
I hope you're a troll, Snowflake. I really do.
>>
>>7872336
>Why would you read in a restaurant?

The menu.
>>
>>7872416
just look at the pictures
>>
>>7872416
>>7872466
I just have the server recite everything they sell.
>>
>>7872416

i never look at the menu. i have the servant tell me what is the best thing for me to eat and have them bring that to me.
>>
>>7872369
Most people who aren't poorfags actually have some sort of money sense which is why they want prices in the first place. It's the HURR DURR STOP BEING POORFAGS XD attitude that makes people poor.
>>
>>7872301
Louis cu/ck/
>>
>>7872301
Wow that's really intolerant. Think of all the children of colour who are not exposed to the evil white man's nuts who may die due to his white privilege.
>>
>>7872181
You're so fucking fat that you saw two plates and thought it was a single meal.

Holy shit, you fat fuck.
>>
>>7872181
I don't see any eggs with that omelette. I do however see plenty of potatoes.
>>
>>7872095
>special needs eater
Quit crying or fucking stay home you useless piece of shit.
>>
>this thread
holy shit man, the autism here. Restaurants should have online menus in the fucking first place, it should be standard fare. We're not in the fucking 1980s anymore, we shouldn't have to call a place or wait for a fucking doorknob menu to figure out what a place has. Regardless of if OP has some sort of dumb faggot allergy, how can any of you justify and even defend restaurants that don't have some semblance of a menu online? No fucking restaurant worth it's salt changes their menu so often they can't spend a half hour updating an online menu.
>>
>>7872095
They still have a phone, asshole. Give them a call if you have special needs. You should be doing this even if they do have a menu online.
>>
>>7872095
Special is right, special eat my dick.
>>
>Websites

Yeah, we should have a facebook and twitter too, social media is the future of our business, it's current year!

What's the fucking point
>>
>>7874020
Meh, unless you're ultra picky most places should have _something_ you can eat and be happy with, and it's usually pretty obvious what general area of food a restaurant specializes in.

Agree it's convenient if a place has a decently put together website (bonus points if it's not just a pdf of their normal menu) but I'd hardly call it necessary. Go to the place and decide when you get there like people have been doing since some caveman opened a mammoth stand.
>>
>>7872095
> as a special needs eater
Ew. Arent they covered in dribble and shit though? Which ones taste the best?
>>
>>7872365
Why would you use chickpea flour when you can use the far superior mung bean flour ?
>>
File: 1422647851451.png (98 KB, 238x225) Image search: [Google]
1422647851451.png
98 KB, 238x225
>>7872226

Too bad Slagathor Faggotron.
>>
File: poptards.jpg (115 KB, 486x404) Image search: [Google]
poptards.jpg
115 KB, 486x404
>>7872319
>Which is still not nearly as bad as grocery stores that still don't have online catalogues.

I don’t know of any restaurant that doesn’t have a web page, except for the most hole-in-the-wall mom & pop diner but a grocery store web site would be of value, as I inevitably forget something every time I go and if I could go to a grocery store web site and easily make a shopping list to print out, this wouldn’t happen.

On the other hand, I’d guess a grocery store’s stock and prices change so often, it wouldn’t be practical to maintain a web site.
>>
File: shopping-list-13986512.jpg (110 KB, 1300x1390) Image search: [Google]
shopping-list-13986512.jpg
110 KB, 1300x1390
>>7874757

Why do you need a website to make a shopping list? What's wrong with pic related?
>>
>>7872216
Who the hell needs eggs with their pancakes and even still who the fuck eats eggs together with their pancakes.
>>
>>7874784

I have no idea why, but if you go to a typical American breakfast restaurant like IHOP or Denny's then you'll see that the vast majority of the dishes comes with eggs on the side. I find it frustrating because I don't want the damn eggs, but they're difficult to avoid.
>>
>>7874778
Literally nothing and all of the big chains do have catalogs online plus a number of places in big cities have delivery only grocery stores, like peapod.

Online grocery shopping fucking blows. Grocery stores have a ridiculous amount of products and theres no good way of browsing online.

In the end you have to create a shopping list to effectively use the sites and save time, but unless you have all your meals planned out all the time your time is wasted because going to the store with a couple meals planned and then picking up extra for other meals ends up being cheaper and quicker because you don't have to pay a delivery fee nor navigate through a million pages.
>>
>>7874789
Usually the portions are pretty big in America but I've never seen that as standard at any chains. Typically its bacon with an occasional side of some other carb unless you're paying extra.
>>
File: Sad-Frog-Meme-08.jpg (27 KB, 550x535) Image search: [Google]
Sad-Frog-Meme-08.jpg
27 KB, 550x535
I wish people would stop making fun of picky eaters. It's hard for us too. It's a serious disorder and no one's fault, like obesity, alcoholism or being a nigger.
>>
>>7874757

The big box hypermarkets here usually have them, at least with items that they'll have all the time (Fish, Meat, Cheeses, Prepackaged foods etc).
>>
File: 1110794348486[1].jpg (5 KB, 180x148) Image search: [Google]
1110794348486[1].jpg
5 KB, 180x148
>>7872095

>special needs eater
>>
>>7874803
>being picky

(You)
>>
>>7874778
>leek
>just 1 (one) leek
>>
>ask table of 6 if I can get them some drinks when I hand them some menus
>one guy gets glass of water
>makes it very clear that he wants NOTHING added to the water
>no lemon wedge, no ice, no nothing
>okay, sure......
>table is ready to order
>everything goes well
>except the water guy
>"Ill have you know, Im a Supertaster. I cant have anything with too much seasoning or spices."
>goes into autistic detail about how bland he wants his pasta dish to be
>tell chef
>we all laugh
>bring out his food
>he complains
>"this food is completely tasteless and bland!!"
>dumps a fuckton of salt and cheese on his dish
>ask "Would you like me to ask the chef to remake it? I wont take long."
>"NO. I know what goes on back there with food that gets sent back!"
>his friends roll their eyes
>spends the rest of the night being a dick
>>
>>7872290

You seem to have grossly misspelled tumblr.com
>>
>>7872095
>People making fun of OP because he is a special needs eater
Even for /ck/ that is pathetic.
>>
>>7874205
medium kek
>>
Somehow more infuriating:

>The site only has a facebook page
>All they post are images of food with generic cooments like "Doesn't that look delicious? ;)"
>No address/phone/hours

>Restaurant miraculously has a website
>The menu is buried under a mountain of bullshit
>It's a downloadable pdf
>The menu has no prices

>Grocery store
>They have their own bakery
>Said bakery has half a dozen different things everyday
>The baker just does whatever he feels like doing that day and never posts it on the grocery store's facebook page/website
>Rarely ever go there anymore since I can't know when the day's special are awful bell pepper dumplings or delicious pork and spinach pizza
>>
>>7874778
>going to the grocery store to buy a mule

Is this 1880?
>>
>>7872181
Let me see your titties Fatass
>>
>>7872226
How do you know someone's a vegetarian? Don't worry, they'll tell you, repeatedly.
>>
'go 'za is vegan, gluten free, and 100% online.
>>
>>7874803
being a picky eater is literally a choice though

it's entirely your fault
>>
>>7872095
OP is clearly trolling but I tried looking around online for a good (cake) bakery in fucking Los Angeles and you would not believe how many bakeries, with nice websites even, don't have their menu listed.
>>
>>7877102
It's not anon's fault most food tastes bad
>>
>>7874958
>He think he'll get special treatment on the internet just like IRL.
Even for pi/ck/y eater that is pathetic.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.