[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What goes best in a sandwich with Rye bread? Besides the obvious
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6
File: IMG_2386.jpg?format=original.jpg (181 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2386.jpg?format=original.jpg
181 KB, 1024x683
What goes best in a sandwich with Rye bread? Besides the obvious corned beef or pastrami?
>>
File: braunschweiger_roll_web[1].jpg (237 KB, 450x338) Image search: [Google]
braunschweiger_roll_web[1].jpg
237 KB, 450x338
>>
File: patty_melt.jpg (132 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
patty_melt.jpg
132 KB, 1280x800
>>7869822
A patty melt, obviously.

Never tried it with dark rye though.
>>
>>7869822
Ham and Cheddar.

Rye also makes a good tuna melt.
>>
>>7869822
God damn it, you've made me hungry for pastrami. It's midnight here, where am I gonna satisfy my cravings?
>>
>>7869822
Grilled swiss cheese on rye.
>>
Butter, Matjes and Onions.
>>
Chicken Salad
>>
File: 1453574415796.jpg (38 KB, 460x307) Image search: [Google]
1453574415796.jpg
38 KB, 460x307
>>7869822
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2446) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2446
>>7869851

You can have some of my salami
>>
Butter, some strong cheese, and fucking cucumber slices. Shit is GOAT.
>>
>>7869879

What's the deal with brits buttering their sandwiches, especially if it's already going to have cheese. Isn't it kind of a little bit of overkill?
>>
>>7869888
Not a brit, but don't fucking over do the butter. Just use a bit to get a slight taste in there.
>>
>>7869870
Thank you Anon, but I made myself a serrano ham sandwich already.
>>
>>7869895

Eh, there's weirdos everywhere, but buttering your sandwich is a pretty stereotypical British thing to do (along with eating cucumber sandwiches in the first place).
>>
>>7869855
This is always good. I like to add caramelized onions and dip it in mustard.
>>
>>7869833
Was gonna suggest this as well as say "never had it on dark rye, though."
Let's get together and go bowling then making patty-melt-loving babies.
>>
Breakfast sausage and an egg would be nice. The caraway is a good combo with the sausage.
>>
>>7869822
Lamb and mustard
>>
toasted with peanut butter and very thin sliced onion.
>>
>>7869822
liversausage or mustard
>>
>>7869822
smoked gouda grilled cheese bitch
>>
>>7869822

PLOUGHMAN'S
>>
>>7870509
literally hallmark card holiday: the fake made-up memefood
it amazes me that people still promote this shit, for FREE
honestly, how do you live with yourself?
>>
>>7870514
You would think if they were gonna make up a memefood to commercialize, they'd pick something more expensive
>>
>>7870092
Only if you're a cute girl.
>>
Ham. Obviously.
>>
>>7869822
Tuna salad.
>>
>>7869832
Is there a specific cheese that goes well with it? Internet searches tell me Swiss, but the only Swiss I ever find just tastes so bland that I wouldn't think it'd contribute to anything.
>>
>>7872506
Try jarlsberg. The nutty flavour combines very well with rye. I recommend using unsweetened rye bread though.
>>
File: Hubba Bubba Bubble Jug.jpg (62 KB, 650x609) Image search: [Google]
Hubba Bubba Bubble Jug.jpg
62 KB, 650x609
>>7872506
>>7869832
liverwurst all the way hell yeah. the traditional is swiss. I like to throw pickles, raw onion, and some good stone ground mustard/horseradish on mine. goes great with a nice lager just don't plan on kissing anyone for a week.
>>
>>7872518
This. Ever since I've tried Jarlserg, I can only eat "real" Swiss, or, generally speaking, European Emmentaler-type cheeses.

I'm in the US, so yes, my options are limited, but Jarlsberg does the job for the price. Way better than any obscure nameless "swiss cheese" you'd find around here.
>>
>>7872525

Pickles, raw onion, and mustard is a pretty classic combination. My mom used to make them for me with nothing but a little mayo, so sometimes I just do that.

The only time I've tried cheese on a liverwurst sandwich was the first time I tried Limburger, and though I typically like assertive flavors, it was honestly too much for me. Then again, I don't normally add cheese to a cold sandwich.
>>
Dark rye is master race bread, it goes well with just about anything.

Pastrami? Damn straight.
Ham and swiss? You betcha.
PB&J? Why not.
>>
>>7872542

My favorite bread for a PB&J is actually light colored Jewish rye with the caraway seeds. People act like I'm crazy but it works really well together.
>>
>>7869822
Liver pate and pickled beet.

>>7872554
I like it on a nuttier rye, w¨e've one with pumpkin, sunflower and flaxseed here.
>>
>>7872985

>on a nuttier rye, w¨e've one with pumpkin, sunflower and flaxseed

That sounds good. A lot of people seem to disregard the bread with a PB&J, but it can really add some great complimentary flavors and textures if you go with something that isn't a tasteless sponge.

It might be a low brow, children's type of dish, but that's never an excuse to use a garbage ingredient like wonderbread.
>>
limburger and red onion
>>
>>7872995
I'm nuts about, well nuts, so for me peanut butter is treat every time, also why i get good PB, that garbage with palm oil and sugar has no flavour at all.
>>
>>7873014

I only buy peanut butter with nothing but roasted peanuts and salt... except I found a brand a few years ago that also included flax seeds, but I've since moved and found out it wasn't distributed nationwide.
>>
>>7873021
That sucks, I'd pretty fucked here as well, we've a huge tax on nuts, so PB's crazy expensive and only a few brands get here, it's pretty much down to Aldi style german trash or eyebleedingly expensive fairtrade organic stuff in jars you can never get more than half out of.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.