[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I make brown rice in a bamboo steamer?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: images.duckduckgo.com(2).jpg (9 KB, 300x279) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com(2).jpg
9 KB, 300x279
How do I make brown rice in a bamboo steamer?
>>
You need to buy a humidifier.
>>
Would probably be easier to look up some guides online instead of asking /ck/

Are there actually any benefits to using a bamboo steamer over cooking it in a pot or rice cooker?
>>
>>7869574
>Are there actually any benefits to using a bamboo steamer over cooking it in a pot or rice cooker?

Nope. It's just a different method.
>>
You use a pot idiot
>>
You don't, you use a pan or a pot. Brown rice is too hard to be cooked in a steamer.
>>
>>7869557
>>7869578
You can't steam rice to cook it. lol That's not how you cook rice. "Steamed rice" is rice that is steamed after you cook the rice until it is tender using normal rice-cooking methods.
>>
File: thai-rice-steamer.jpg (83 KB, 775x775) Image search: [Google]
thai-rice-steamer.jpg
83 KB, 775x775
>>7869612
>That's not how you cook rice

Tell that to the Thais. Pic related is the thai rice steaming setup. Rice goes in the basket on top, water in the bottom.
>>
>>7869618
You still cook the rice in boiling water until it is tender then steam it. It is the same method you use with any rice steamer. The reason rice is steamed like that is to make it fluffier.
>>
>>7869806
No, it's cooked entirely in the basket.

>>make it fluffier
It's for sticky rice you retard, it's not "fluffy".
>>
>>7869806
Do some research (and maybe learn how to cook) before you post, you fucking idiot.
>>
>>7869612
Food+Heat= cooking.

I could steam a fucking steak if i wanted to
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.