[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sad/Regetful meals you've eaten? For a month when I was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: sad-meal-3.jpg (181 KB, 550x619) Image search: [Google]
sad-meal-3.jpg
181 KB, 550x619
Sad/Regetful meals you've eaten?

For a month when I was really poor and paycheck was delayed to pay off loans, I ate rice, beans, and Vienna sausages. Cost me maybe 15-20 dollars to feed myself that month.
>>
>>7867814
I did something similar. Ate hard biscuits of flour, water, and baking powder, as well as rice with essentially pico de gallo mixed in. 1 biscuit for breakfast, 1 bowl of rice for dinner.....

I didn't find it particularly sad though, poverty makes me enjoy things more 2bh.
>>
>>7867814
i did the same. i was stuck in a house in san ysidro. 1800#s of brown brick staring me in the face and a sick burro. had to chillanga for 4 days until the calvary came to help me out. i opted to shit in a bucket for the time i was there paranoid that if i left i wouldnt make it back home.
>>
>>7867874
wat
>>
>>7867874
I've been to San Ysidro... What a barren shithole.
>>
Not really sad, but I sometimes eat the "food bank special". One onion, carrot, potatoes, can of cream of mushroom soup, can of kidney beans.

Fry the potatoes first, make a stew out of the rest of the ingredients. Add a little hot sauce to taste. It's pretty good and quite filling, really.
>>
>>7867897
>can of kidney beans
You really should buy the dried beans, saves a lot of money in the long run. Less convenient though, obviously.
>>
>>7867902

It's called the food bank special because all the ingredients come from the food bank, man.

It's all stuff I didn't pay for.
>>
Tortillas with cottage cheese.
Added some avocados if i felt it was getting e
Repetitive.

Potatoes with sausages if i had money.
Some cheap $0.30 soups for meal.

Bread was too expensive for me, most cheeses, most fruits, everything.
>>
>>7868144
And want even my darkest time.
>>
>>7868146
>want
Wasn't*
>>
Did the "Will Special" based on the recommendation of a friend who refuses to move past frozen oven foods.

>Curry Pot Noodle
>crush it up with a fork
>20p/35c chicken noodle pack
>crush it in the packet
>pour the 20p into the pot and mix
>add boiling water up to the top and mix in flavours
>wait one minute until the water is soaked up
>stare at the thick sludge of empty carbs and unnamed chemicals you birthed
>cry
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.