[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Miso soup add ons
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: file.png (84 KB, 250x202) Image search: [Google]
file.png
84 KB, 250x202
So far I have one chopped piece of dried chilli... I would like some more.

I'm trying to lose weight because being fat is shit and this stuff is pretty nice, quick to make, low cal etc... it's just rather bland.
>>
Try adding small clams or other seafood.
>>
Chop up small onions and garlic, saute them then add them to the soup as it begins to boil.

I also personally like cayenne in my miso, but that's just me.
>>
>>7867796
Who are you, Food Wishes?
>>
You're not supposed to boil the miso, it kills the "probiotic" or whatever. Just dissolve it in hot water.

I like spinach and mushrooms in mine. Maybe some shellfish. I add a shit ton of wakame and tofu though. Rice on the side should complete the meal. I don't see any harm in it since you're not eating any fat
>>
When I taught in Japan my school would make a version of miso shiro with a shitload of finely sliced white onions thrown in at the end and a little mirin added to the dashi broth.

It tasted pretty delicious, man.
>>
I usually have a (big) mug of miso soup every day like tea, and honestly the only thing that I couldn't do without is green onions. Aside from that my usual is tofu that I cube and marinade in a soy/ginger sort of deal.
>>
>>7867796
Happy birthday chef John!
>>
Traditionally, Wakame is pretty usual, but it has an even weaker taste than the soup. Also, use Dashi for the brothm otherwise it tastes like dishwater.
>>
>>7867788
MUSHROOMS. Always a great add in for miso soup. Also, baby bok choy leaves or chopped pak choi.
I normally add mushrooms, bok choy, wakame, tofu, and a little garlic.
>>
>>7867924
>eating fat
>bad
>>
Sometimes for breakfast I have miso with extra wakame and an egg or two dropped in. I don't care if it's heretical.

For something a little more substantial, green onions, silken tofu, slices of fish, shiitake mushrooms and so on go great with miso.

>>7867924
Does that matter with instant miso? The stuff in single serving sachets.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.