[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How bad is it to get drunk in order to sleep. I don't get
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1450532003032.jpg (42 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1450532003032.jpg
42 KB, 500x375
How bad is it to get drunk in order to sleep. I don't get tired until like 6 am in the morning, and I have to get up at 7 am. So I'm just gonna get myself shitfaced and fall asleep.
>>
>>7866454
Drunk sleep is not very good quality sleep, but as a one-off thing, it's not the end of the world.
>>
You'll feel fucking awful and exhausted in the morning.

However, on the bright side, you'll probably be able to fall asleep pretty early the next day cause you'll be so exhausted.
>>
It's probably not very good from an alcohol use sort of perspective. But another issue is that if you sleep using alcohol or baribuates you'll have different sleep pattern, often lacking REM sleep, so while you're still sleeping the effect won't be the same. It's possible you'll not feel as refreshed after a drunk night's sleep compared to a sober night's sleep.
>>
>>7866454
Take benedryl
>>
>>7866454
doesn't work for me desu, I go to sleep like at 12, wake up after 6 or 7 hours, but the next day I still don't get tired till like 4.
>>
File: Amin Yashed.jpg (99 KB, 820x960) Image search: [Google]
Amin Yashed.jpg
99 KB, 820x960
It won't be quality sleep, you'll wake up feeling like you got about half the sleep you actually did, and if you get in the habit of getting shithoused every night, you suddenly won't be able to go without it and that will get you in trouble.
>>
OP here. It worked moderately well. Got like 4½ hours of sleep, and feel better than I expected. Did only drink a beer and a couple shots of vodka though.
>>
Alcohol elevates your heartrate and fucks your sleep up, retard.
You both delay your REM sleep cycle and cut it short, and you skip the slow-wave cycle entirely which is bad because that's the part that's actually restful and restorative.

I want alcoholics to leave.
>>
>>7866454
Get high instead you mong
>>
just go to sleep sober you retards
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.