[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Taco Bell
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: tacobell_friessupreme_v-2[1].jpg (155 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
tacobell_friessupreme_v-2[1].jpg
155 KB, 1280x720
I'll start with saying that I really like fast food. I'm in Canada, so the choices are much more limited than in the U.S. and we don't get the deals like you guys do.

My girlfriend has been away for a week and instead of cooking for myself I've been eating too much fast food. Wendy's, McDonald's, A&W, Burger King (always disappointing).

I rarely go to Taco Bell (maybe once every 1-3 years) but I decided to give it a try. Yesterday I ordered some double taco (?) combo with fries supreme and a beef cheesy burrito on the side. I didn't know what I was ordering and there was a line so I kind of rushed it.

Anyway, the food was cheap. Like really cheap. Unfortunately, it was also shit. The fries supreme, something I remember as a young teen, were borderline shitty-mediocre; Wendy's ghost fries are way better.

The tacos were bland and the texture was not good. I left half of the second one because it was just not doing it for me. I wasn't hungry after that but tried the burrito - I had about 3 bites and threw it out with the rest.

The texture of the meat is just terrible and the flavours are non-existent. I had the Doritos taco last year and it was still somehow bland, just more salty.

Is Taco Bell like this in the U.S. too? I can see why people rave about the hot sauces, I doused my food with packets of the stuff just to get some kind of taste.
>>
America doesn't have fries at Taco Bell the last time I checked. I can only guess because of your poutine culture you have that item.
>>
>Goes to a fast food place
>Wonders why his food tastes like shit
>>
File: 0.jpg (23 KB, 500x364) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
23 KB, 500x364
>fries at Taco Bell

Fucking Canadians.

Anyway Taco Bell is pretty based in the US. The price-to-weight ratio is ridiculous, and you really should be ordering things like the cheesy gordita crunch or the quesalupa -- that shit where they put tacos inside other tacos.

Eating just the plain tacos themselves is for the poorest of poorfags
>>
>>7865619
>>7865640
The fries are KFC fries... which I actually like. Many Taco Bells in Canada are joined Taco Bell/KFC restaurants.

I don't think it has anything to do with poutine, it's probably their way of making the fries seem "more Mexican" or different from plain KFC fries.

My double taco thing was two tacos stuffed inside another taco... not just two tacos.
>>
>>7865654
In America KFC I believe still doesn't carry fries but potato wedges instead unless we are talking about an A&W/KFC combo then the A&W portion of the menu supplies the fries.
>>
>>7865664
A&W in Canada is actually a separate entity from A&W in America... they are independent so you don't see them associated with KFC.

KFC fries in Canada are small, crispy but soft inside, and have an interesting batter or something that imparts little crispy bits. They are really greasy but pretty good for a change.

You can also get KFC wedges here.
>>
>Is Taco Bell like this in the U.S. too?

What the fuck makes you think Taco Bell in America would be better? I honestly want you to answer that. Do you think some kind of magic happens over the border at Niagara Falls? Do you think we put more effort or use superior ingredients in our one dollar burritos?
>>
File: photo_2015-01-09_21-49-40.jpg (14 KB, 480x269) Image search: [Google]
photo_2015-01-09_21-49-40.jpg
14 KB, 480x269
>>7865640
>tfw based price to weight ratio
>occasional $1 specials on burritos or some gimmicky shit thats always worth it
>standard menu items like the $1.29 beefy fritos burrito, still not sure how its much different from the beefy crunch which is 30 cents more
>crunch wrap sliders come and go, get a massive amount of food for relatively almost no money compared to other places

>mfw
>>
>>7865601
I'm from UK but I'd assume you'd get the same experience in the US.

They are basically just reheating the same food after all. Perhaps you got a taco that had been sitting around for a while, but the flavour would still be bland.
>>
>>7865751
>What the fuck makes you think Taco Bell in America would be better?

senpai the quality of taco bell varies across state borders, hell even from one town to another.

>both me and my gf each live down the street from one, 20 minutes apart
>one by my house constantly fucks up my drive-thru orders, food only hot 50% of the time, sometimes it just tastes like chemicals
>one by her house has never fucked my order up, food is always hot, actually tastes like food

Although at the one by my house:
>smothered burrito comes back
>try it, eat whole thing and another burrito
>get sick as hell
>my whole neighborhood also gets sick after eating the smothered burritos from there
>reportedly they fired a bunch of people and closed for a bit because of it

so it might just be shitty employees that make the difference
>>
>>7865751
>What the fuck makes you think Taco Bell in America would be better? I honestly want you to answer that. Do you think some kind of magic happens over the border at Niagara Falls? Do you think we put more effort or use superior ingredients in our one dollar burritos?
Different standards and practices, processing plants, menu items, ingredients, etc.
>>
>>7865762
fuuuug I want to go to Taco Bell now
>>
>>7865797
>>7865800
And yet the ingediants will still be bland no matter which one you go to.
>>
>>7865814
I wouldn't say bland, but rather very simple. Provided you avoid the heavy doses of rice, almost everything on the menu is an onslaught of savory and salty. As in, those are the only flavors present.

This combined with the dirt cheap pricing is why its popular with stoners and drunks, and pretty much anyone who needs a lot of food for little money
>>
>>7865814
>And yet the ingediants will still be bland no matter which one you go to.
...which is why I asked if Taco Bell is shitty in the U.S.

I take it thinking isn't your thing.
>>
There are people who won't go to Taco Bell because it is too spicy so it isn't bland. You might just have dead taste buds.
>>
>>7866029
Probably some poo-in-loo desu
>>
>>7866044
Taco Bell isn't all that spicy but it does have flavor. If people are going to call it bland since it isn't hotter than five alarm chili then they shouldn't be going to a mainstream restaurant. These restaurants aren't for people who drink hot sauce like it is water.
>>
>>7866088
>>7866029
Why do you guys think blandness has to do with the spiciness of food?

And who do you know that can't eat Taco Bell because it is "too spicy"? Flyover?
>>
>>7866029
>There are people who won't go to Taco Bell because it is too spicy
Who?
Literally the most white person on all of planet earth?
>>
>>7866029

>there exist autistic flyover shut-in manchildren so culinarily repressed that taco bell is overwhelming to their palates
>therefore you're not allowed to call taco bell bland

I think you need to study up a little on basic logic.
>>
>>7865601
>eating the regular tacos
>not eating Steak Grillers, Mexican pizzas, Steak tacos, and Dorito Locos Cheesy Gordita Crunches

Are you literally retarded, OP?
>>
>>7867285

I tried TB for the first time in years last year and couldn't believe this Doritos thing. Everyone knows you're shit, but at least you heat up your food, so why bring yourself down by incorporating shitty gas station garbage? Now we have daily threads about this cheeto thing, as though people are actually excited about it.
>>
>>7867246
>>7867274
The only manchild I know irl is my brother and he'll eat taco bell. The people I am thinking of are Italian or Sicilian so they are not white. Also I am in a suburb of nyc so it is not flyover either.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.