[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ask an Overnight Baker at Dunkin' Donuts anything.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
Ask an Overnight Baker at Dunkin' Donuts anything.
>>
has baking donuts caused you to not like them?
>>
>>7865236
I wouldn't say not like them, although I definitely don't eat as many as I used to. I get them for free since no one gives a shit, so I still eat them from time to time, but I'm not bringing home dozens at a time anymore.
>>
>>7865233
Why does DD taste like chemicals
>>
Where's the factory? Cuz no DD makes donuts on site.
Also
>baking donuts
That's why their donuts are shit, then. Why not fry them so that they're actually good?
>>
>>7865245
Because the sum total of stuff actually made "fresh" by me is diddly-squat. Everything I make, I get out of boxes in the freezer, so I have no idea what they do to them before they ship them off to us.
>>
>>7865248
No idea where the factory is. My DD gets frozen donuts delivered every Sunday and Wednesday, and I just thaw them out, frost them, glaze them, or fill them, and put them out on the racks. I also do the same for the muffins, croissants, and bagels.
>>
>>7865233
Do you donate any shit to food banks or does it all go into the trash
>>7865248
this poster is southern
>>
>>7865258
Officially, we're required to throw them away at the end of the day. It's a liability thing- if we donate them and someone gets sick, that's on us.

Unofficially, there's nothing stopping employees from taking as many donuts as they want after closing, since they're getting thrown away anyway and the managers don't really care. It's one of those things everyone looks the other way for. I've donated a few dozen to my local shelter, as well as to my mother in law at the police station. If anyone ever tells you that cops don't actually go crazy for donuts, they're a damn liar.
>>
are you overweight?
>>
>>7865276
No, which is a damn shocker, considering how much free coffee and tea I consume. I've always had a good metabolism, so that helps.
>>
File: Suspicious monkey.jpg (50 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Suspicious monkey.jpg
50 KB, 640x480
>>7865233
So you pre make them and send them to stores.
>>
>>7865279
>No, which is a damn shocker, considering how much free coffee and tea I consume.

Lol what? That's like saying

>I'm shocked I haven't gotten an STD considering how much I masturbate.
>>
>>7865304
No, the donuts themselves are made at the factory and sent to the store where I work. I thaw them out, frost, glaze, and fill however many the production sheet tells me to, and put them out on the racks behind the counter where the customers can see them when the store opens in the morning.
>>
>>7865306
Both are loaded with sugar and caffeine.
>>
>>7865258
>southern
Nah.
Je suis Européen. But I live in the northeastern US.

>>7865256
So you don't really have anything to do with the donut preparation beyond filling them. You said you bake them, so I assumed you worked at whichever factory they're baked in.
>>
>>7865321
Correct. The position is just called Overnight Baker. It's a lot less unwieldy than "Overnight Froster-Glazer-Filler-and-also-makes-bagels."
>>
>>7865245
Everything tastes like chemicals you dumb ass anti-vaxxer
>>
>>7865328
>The position is just called Overnight Baker.
That sounds like a kinky-ass position. How does it compare to reverse cowgirl?
>It's a lot less unwieldy than "Overnight Froster-Glazer-Filler-and-also-makes-bagels."
I smirked.
>>
I worked for yoliviches donuts in NY one time and the glaze was kept out 24/7 not covered and when I dipped the donuts in it there was always flies too that tried eating it and I would have to pull flies off the donuts if there were any. They got closed down and thus I lost my first job at 17.
>>
>>7865357
Oh, this job is kinky as hell. All those donut...holes. The best part is the hand-piping, when I have to use a large tool to squirt thick white goop into a hole in the donut.

I did not make up a single word of that sentence.
>>
>>7865233
Are there any donuts or other items at Dunkin that you just won't fucking eat based on what you've learned in your current position?
>>
>>7865362

Do you ever just suck off the Boston Creme squirter?
>>
>>7865371
No, nothing that extreme. We keep things clean, and there's nothing that shocking or horrifying about any of it. The closest I could come was that I hated the coffee buttercream we used for the caramel-coffee donuts a few months back, it tasted disgusting.

I will say this: I somehow never learned before I started this job that Boston cream and Bavarian cream are the same damn filling, and it blew my fucking mind at the time.
>>
>>7865379
Don't you judge me.
>>
You ever add a little of your own bodily fluids into the cremes and frosting?
>>
>>7865391
Lord knows I'm tempted, but there are cameras in the kitchen.
>>
>>7865248
there are some that do and then distribute them locally (at least when I worked there 7 years ago)
>>
>>7865233
Okay seems late but did you ever jizzed on some donuts ?
>>
>>7865233
>>7865251
Why aren't you called an overnight froster?

>>7865256
I think I pass a place where they actually bake them. Or maybe they just release a smell make people think they are.

>>7866144
See >>7865397
>>
>>7865279
metabolism may account for at most about 100kcal swing in TDEE
>>
Is your name Fred?
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.