[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cilantro tastes like soap to me. Will Coriander powder also taste
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Cilantro_Corander.jpg (27 KB, 360x278) Image search: [Google]
Cilantro_Corander.jpg
27 KB, 360x278
Cilantro tastes like soap to me. Will Coriander powder also taste like soap? I have a recipe calling for it and I need to know if I need to substitute it. What are my options if I do?
>>
>no, it's different
>it's not baking powder and you can't just substitute it
>you should feel bad about being a picky eater and having inferior genes
>>
>>7863148
>picky eater
Oi fuk u m8

I do have some inferior genes though.
>>
inferior genes definitely

got the same issue, only worse because i'm mexican and cilantro is one of the main herbs used in a lot of shit

can't go to a restaurant and have salsa without it tasting like shit thanks mom and dad
>>
>>7863136
It's not AS soapy, I can tolerate it and I hate cilantro.
>>
>>7863413
Hey, at least you're better off than me. I hate cilantro but raw tomato and chunks of avocado trigger my gag reflex.
>>
>>7863136

Cilanto, tomato, avocado are all God-tier foods.
>>
Cilantro tastes fine to me, but coriander seeds have always tastes like soap. I think in unique in this.
>>
>>7863136
I don't like cilantro but can use coriander seeds just fine. Even if you're not sure, I assume it should be fine unless the recipe calls for a large amount.
>>
Coriander seeds moght be even worse, and they taste little like the herb itself, much more like orange peel almost. I find the leaves perfectly palatable, but seeds themselves taste soapy to me as well as gins that make heavy use of seeds as botanicals.
>>
>>7863456
thats not genetics thats you being a lazy cunt. eat them until you like them.
>>
>>7864098
Tried that, didn't work. I can tolerate avocados as a paste and force them down in slices or chunks if I have to but raw tomatoes taste like bile to me, same as coconut water. And when I say "bile" I mean that literally, as in the bright green liquid stored in your gallbladder that you taste when you throw up on an empty stomach. They damn near make me throw up if I accidentally get more than a small chunk and actually have once before when I was a kid.

And yes, I've tried different kinds of tomatoes. I once got half a dozen different heirloom varieties at a farmer's market to see if they all produced that reaction in me and it turns out that they in fact did so I just made them into tomato sauce instead.
>>
Scientist here.

Some people have a genetic predisposition to the "essential" compounds that make cilantro/coriander leaves have a soapy or rotten taste.

Coriander seeds have a completely different taste, because they have different essential compounds, and there's no such problem with those compounds. So you'll be fine.
>>
>>7863136
>cilantro tastes like soap
stop this 5 year old CK meme, cilantro is based.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.