[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
redpill me on kohlrabi.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
redpill me on kohlrabi.
>>
>>7862371
Bitch vegetable that won't sleep with you even after you held the door open for it.
>>
Pretty good when stir fried or in soup

Also

>redpill me

kill yourself
>>
OP here. is it a recent meme vegetable? it has popped up in several recipes in the last few days.

got my eye on a nice kohlrabi, apple and celery salad. assuming I like kohlrabi and I can find it.
>>
>>7862371
i only see niggers eating this kind of vegetable
>>
File: polcattt.jpg (114 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
polcattt.jpg
114 KB, 640x427
>>7862371
>redpill me

/pol/cat detected
gawd do they stink
>>
Good with lemon and salt
>>
>>7862371
It's very versatile.
Fresh you can just peel it and eat as it is, has a nice spice to it for a lack of a better term.
You can stew it peeled with the leafs and roots, it gets a really rich and sweet taste this way as it absorbs the flavor of your dish.

One of my favorites is to put a whole chicken rubbed with flavored oil (sunflower oil mixed with paprika powder, pepper, salt and some dried chili's) into a covered casserole dish/dutch oven.
Throw the kohlrabi in there with some bell peppers, potatoes and onion into the oven.

>>7862397
It's not a meme vegetable in Germany at all, it's been a staple here for decades. Although it's fallen more into obscurity with the younger generations.
>>
It just tastes like broccoli stems. Shred it and use for slaws/salads, stir-fry it with meat and/or other veg (adding the leaves last so they don't shrivel to nothing) or try fermenting it like sauerkraut.

>>7862397
Swap the celery out for carrot (or add carrot, whichever) and it's moreorless that American salad from the 50s, Waldorf Salad.

>>7862446
Same with CH. Super common veg when I was a kid, but it's fallen out of fashion in the last decade or so.
>>
>>7862371

Its ok flavor but it takes forever to soften. I boiled mine for 10 minutes then roasted it for over an hour and the cunt was still pretty hard. To be honest i think its shit tier, literally every other veggie has nicer flavor and cooks faster, more versatile.
>>
>>7862643
Are you... not peeling the green bit? You need to peel the skin off. It's too fibrous to be enjoyable. Once you've done that, you shred up the white innards and that cooks up literally in seconds.
>>
>>7862371
Christmas food for me. Kålrabi mash after my mom's recipe is god tier.
>>
>>7862371
>redpill
How bout google faggot
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.