[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can you make plain veggies taste good without drenching them
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
File: 1421698184333.gif (3 MB, 203x270) Image search: [Google]
1421698184333.gif
3 MB, 203x270
How can you make plain veggies taste good without drenching them in mayo? I want to eat healthier but they all taste like shit, especially broccoli.
>>
Try not overcooking them.

I personally like having steamed tofu and vegetables (cabbage, brocolli, carrot, onion) with a side of rice.

You could also make some ramen and put tons of veggies in too.
>>
>>7862359
If you practice enough it becomes second nature. How do you think all those america-hating liberals manage to choke down vegetables all the time while smiling smugly like they enjoy it? It's an acquired taste and when your virtue signaling crowd has decided that it's the taste to acquire for this season, you'll do anything - waiting in line at whole foods to be seen by the paparazzi as you pose with your limes and avocadoes, smugly chomping on kale and quinoa and activated almonds, and even studying mexican in order to show how not racist you are.
>>
>>7862368
This is what i usually do, i have one of those kettles that allows steaming and that's how i prepare almost all the vegetables i eat. They still don't taste very good

>>7862369
Wew. Maybe i should try to hipsterise myself.
>>
Salt. Little butter.
>>
Dude steamed broccoli is a delicious treat

Wet a piece of paper towel, wrong it out but not too much, put broccoli inside it and spread a pinch of kosher salt over it, take the wrap and put it in a small dish, I have a nice small pyrex joint I use, put it in the micro for 2 mins

Perfect every time
>>
>>7862396
Hipsters are not known to be fat...
>>
learn to season and not overcook stuff and all your prayers will be answered
>>
>>7862359
>drenching them in mayo
FFS you sound like a disgusting person
>>
>>7862601
You have bad reading comprehension. Why don't you go read what OP said again. They said:
>without drenching them in mayo
>without

>>7862359
Stir fry
Salad, possibly with balsamic vinaigrette.
>>
>>7862359
cute, CUTE!
>>
File: 1465514638639.png (419 KB, 638x478) Image search: [Google]
1465514638639.png
419 KB, 638x478
>>7862359
you put mayo on your vegetables?
why not experiment and find vegetables you like, i hate broccoli so i dont eat it. also seasoning and steamed are the best imo. spinach has no taste and can be added to everything so its one of my favorites
>>
>>7862645
It's less cute when you realize the dog is paralyzed and has to be fed that way.
>>
>>7862638

I hate to beak it to you, but you're the one who's a bit deficient when it comes to reading comprehension.
>>
>>7862638

clearly implying that drowning them in mayo is the only way he can think of making them taste good you numpty
>>
>>7862590
What do you even use to season vegetables?
>>
>>7862359
>vegetables
>taste good
>drenched in mayo

wew lad, you beyond hope
>>
>>7862733

salt.
>>
>>7862359
Two words: Stir Fry.
>>
>>7862745
Just salt? Isn't that bit... bland?
>>
>>7862359
>disliking broccoli
You need to be 18 to use this site
>>
salt, pepper and little bit of butter is all you need
>>
>>7862758

you don't just have to use salt, but when say you should learn to season i mean you should learn to use the right amount of salt.

anyone who thinks food is bland because it doesn't have spices in it is gonna be the first against the wall when my revolution comes.
>>
rice vinegar, peanut/sesame oil, soy sauce, sault&pepper, chilli, garlic.

just stir fry this shit up, you massive cunt.
>>
>>7862767
also you may mix them with white yogurt instead of mayo - healthier, tastier, doesn't sound so disgusting
>>
Steam broccoli
Add a small piece of butter salt and pepper

There you have the best broccoli you will ever eat.
>>
>>7862767
OP said he wants to eat healthier.
>>
>>7862780

FUCK

OFF
>>
>>7862733
Salt, pepper, herbs of your choice, or you could marinate them before cooking. I personally really like grilled teriyaki summer squash and zucchini. If you're roasting use a harder herb like rosemary or thyme, steamed can use fine herbs. Just look up some vegetarian recipes and pick out things that sound good to you. You don't have to be a vegetarian to try some of the techniques out.
>>
another idea - do them on pan together with mushrooms
tablespoon of oil on pan, mid heat, cut mushrooms and vegetables, throw it in, salt, sprig of rosemary, keep mushrooms spread to let moisture evaporate, when almost done little bit of butter at least on mushrooms
>>
>>7862800
or perfect summer food - do it in oven, something like grilled vegetables
Cut all the vegetables you want, dont forget potatoes, dont be afraid to keep the pieces nice and chunky, even onions, also dont cut the garlic cloves. Mix with oil and spicies you want, there are some seasonings for grilled vegetables so if you are not sure about seasoning just buy that spice mixture. Throw into oven on baking tin, let it spread so it won't steam
>>
If steamed broccoli isn't delicious to you then you are either
A: Fatty McFatfat
B: Overcooking your broccoli
I bet it's all of the above. Stop cooking your broccoli until it's mush fatty. Broccoli should have a bit of texture to it. Add butter and salt and pepper after that.
>>
>>7862359
Stirfry is easy af and makes them infinitely better. Also salads with a good amount of olives, and dressing
>>
>>7862359
>broccoli

salt and pepper
>>
File: 1456457980494.gif (2 MB, 475x277) Image search: [Google]
1456457980494.gif
2 MB, 475x277
>>7862648
fuuuuuuug

enjoy the yogurt, little pupper
>>
Thanks for the tips, guys. Stir frying really seems something to give a shot at.
>>
>>7862368
What do you put over them? Soy sauce?
>>
>>7862359
Just cut them obliquely and toss them in a stir fry with some olive oil and soy sauce and cook until stained. Crunchy brocoli is GOAT. If you can't make brocolo taste good you are never going to make it.
>>
File: 1433136205100.jpg (179 KB, 404x521) Image search: [Google]
1433136205100.jpg
179 KB, 404x521
>>7862647
>spinach has no taste
>>
>>7862359
broccoli salad bruh, broccoflour florets, red onion, minced garlick and red wine vinegar salad dressing
let soak overnight and toss a couple of times(that's right you gotta toss the salad!!)
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.