[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What can I do with kippered herring?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: kipper.jpg (188 KB, 1500x1124) Image search: [Google]
kipper.jpg
188 KB, 1500x1124
What can I do with kippered herring?
>>
Just eat it
>>
>>7860827
I enjoy it right out of the can, I also enough it fried crispy in a pan, or in a salty savory flan. On top of field greens is a must topped with cayenne pepper dust. For me it's kipper snacks or bust!
>>
>>7860827
Add hot sauce
>>
File: dqDZsb8[1].jpg (93 KB, 769x950) Image search: [Google]
dqDZsb8[1].jpg
93 KB, 769x950
>>7860912
>salty savory flan
>>
>>7860935
FULL HOMO
>>
>>7860827
I just like to make a sandwich, two pieces of rye, nothing else. I usually throw it in the toaster oven.
>>
>>7860827
>Dice tomatoes, add salt, balsamic and oo
>roast in oven with herring in separate containers
>Cook eggs, plain, french omelet style or scrambled if you are lame
>Put eggs on plate, cover with hot herring, cover with tomatoes and put some avocado slice on top
>Season with salt and peppa, preferably habanero salt or similar and maybe some hot sauce

Shit is awesome
>>
File: d2905.jpg (97 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
d2905.jpg
97 KB, 960x720
>>7860827
Trash.
>>
>>7860827
I ate it two nights this week for dinner. Had a tin of smoked kippered fillets. I had em with garlic and chive cream cheese on wheat crackers. Was breddy gud
>>
You can substitute it for tuna fish and make the American fish mayo mustard pickle sandwich mix.
Pretty damn good.
Also good in an alfredo if you like mixing fish and dairy.
>>
Use it in Mulligatawny, spicy traditional English rice dish
>>
File: 00022635400024_full.jpg (27 KB, 188x273) Image search: [Google]
00022635400024_full.jpg
27 KB, 188x273
Semi relevant, Is this stuff any good ? See it at the store and I'm tempted to try it
>>
Kedgeree.
Rice, curry powder, onions, stock, eggs and smoked fish.
Its pretty good. Poach or boil the egg.
>>
>>7862453
Kippers are smoked Herring mate, very different flavour.
I've bought a few jars of pickled herring before, Ok for salads and that but it's a bit much for me. Although the Nords eat them all the time.
>>
>>7862573
>the Nords

love this.

and yes indeed, we do, and in many different pickle varieties.

mustard is my personal favorite.
>>
>>7862582
I'm a Brit but I can get this stuff from Lidls easy.

I often buy the tins of Herring in Mustard sauce and they do a good one in like a creamy Dill sauce too!
>>
>>7862582
Just a quick question.

Do you guys heat up your pickled Herring or eat it cold from the jar?
>>
>>7860827
Fry it in a pan with a little butter, put it on toast for brekkie. That's what my dad would do when I was a kid. Stunk up the whole house with the smell of smoked fish. Hated it then, and haven't tried it. I'm going to remedy that. Sounds bretty good now, as well with the pickled.
>>
>>7862600
It's raw fish, of course you don't heat it up. Defeats the entire purpose since you're now cooking it and it'll start flaking and not taste like what it's supposed to
>>
>>7862722
>It's raw fish
It's pickled fish you moron.
>>
>>7860827
Funny, I had this the past two mornings for breakfast.
>put in bowl
>mash with fork
>add sriracha sauce (no homo)
>mix
>bind with egg, mix real good
>heat butter in pan
>dump into center and flatten it out into a pancake
>cover with pan lid
>flip when ready cooked on bottom
>leave it in the pan with the burner off if you wanna melt cheese or something
>>
>>7862453
I used to eat this all the time as a kid. Loved it. Recently saw it in the store and bought a jar. Took one bite and nearly threw up.
>>
>>7860827

Just bang them on some fresh buttered toast with some eggs and a hot cup of tea on the side. Nothing nicer.
>>
>>7861501
You take your shit opinions and get the fuck out of my kitchen
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.