[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay guys, tips on making good burgers? Give me all the tips
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: the-worst-burger-ever.jpg (28 KB, 338x450) Image search: [Google]
the-worst-burger-ever.jpg
28 KB, 338x450
Okay guys, tips on making good burgers? Give me all the tips and tricks
>>
>>7860010

Patty should be 100% beef. Fillers are unneccesary and add-ins usually don't work very well because they have a different cooking time than the beef does. Make the patty with 100% beef. Fat content should be around 20%. If the meat is too lean then the burger will have a mealy texture and it will fall apart during cooking.

When forming the patties do so quickly. The more you fuck around with the meat the worse the texture becomes. Shape the patties so they are a little thinner in the center than at the edges. That will allow for shrinkage as the burger cooks so you end up with a flat patty.

Best choice of meat, IMHO, is short rib. Brisket is a close 2nd. Chuck is good too, and is probably the most commonly available.
>>
File: 7025882521_1b8d64e6bc_k.jpg (975 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
7025882521_1b8d64e6bc_k.jpg
975 KB, 1536x2048
>>7860010

Got your back, fampai
>>
>>7860010
I usually just get some mince with around 15% fat, then grate some onion and toss in some crushed garlic along with salt/pepper. You can also spice it up with some smoked paprika or cayenne if you're feeling fancy.

For toppings i usually make some sort of mayo and sourcream based relish, usually with halapenos, garlic, some ketchup, salt/pepper and some other spices if i feel like it.

Champignon or other mushroom fried in butter with some balsamic vinegar is really good and comeplements this as its kind of sweet and nutty. A big slice of tomato and some chopped red onion is good. Instead of mushrooms one could also just fry up some onions till soft and season them nicely.

Some cheddar is much needed for the meat, and bacon is in my opinion optional, depends on the sauce and other condiments (salt vs sweet)

Usually skip lettuce or use some bitter leaf, like romano
>>
>preparing for /ck/ hatred and/or being called marco
Here's how I do mine:

Mix beef stock powder into the mince rather than salt.
Caramelise some onions and mushrooms and set aside.
Pan-sear burgers in blisteringly hot pan then off the heat when both sides are seared.
Put onion/mushroom on top of burgers.
Put cheese on top of onion/mushroom.
Lid the pan just long enough to melt the cheese and get the inside of the burgers up to desired doneness; meanwhile, mayo on bottom bun/toasted slice of bread.
Burger on that.
Bacon on that.
Top bun/toasted slice of bread.
Consume with a side of salad.

I've done them, also, with tomato stock powder, which was pretty nice, too.
>>
>>7860017
>>7860024

is there anything special with those "crushed" burger patties? like they pick up a ball then just pressure it in plastic foil then it's done
>>
>>7860024
>>7860031
>tfw you can tell the second the poster calls it 'mince' that it's going to be horrifying
>>
I've posted my recipe here before, it's a composite patty.

you start with extra lean ground beef
then you add ground pork. then you buy a smoked pork jowl and grind it, I don't own a grinder so I use a cheese grater.

you add finely chopped onion.
toasted bread crumbs.
salt and pepper.
egg whites.
mix that shit until the consistency keeps all of the stuff together.

continue to make an acceptable fucking patty, like at least 5/8", that's about 2cm. you can then grill it and use a toasted sesame seeds bun.

you can then add jalapeƱos, grilled onions, ketchup, mustard, either cheese or avocado, lettuce in leaf form, not that shredded shit, sauces are fine (thousand islan, A1, any other sauce hot or not) I add julienned carrots, you can do pickled carrots and a fried eggs + xAsian sauce. pickles are fine too. horseradish is good as well.

you can add a piece of hot cotto or salami, and fried piece of ham too.

Sometimes I make a thin layer of steak fries inside my burger.

enjoy. drink sangria or vampiros with it.
>>
>>7860040
Just form the patties by hand, that way you are sure that you are crushing all those small air bubbles within the patty.

Not sure what you mean with the whole "pressuring in plastic foil" thing, but if you're thinking about having some sort of mold for the burger then i wouldn't recommend it.
>>
>>7860047
A home cook thats asking how to make a burger probably doesn't own a grinder
>>
>>7860010
Making a good burger? First, 80% lean beef. Makes for juicy meat and easy patty making. Second, buns. Make sure that no matter what bun you choose that it tears easier than your meat, otherwise your meat will slip out of bun as you're eating. Third, toppings. There's a multitude of toppings to go on your burger, decide your flavor then build around that.

For the patty. First, it's 100% beef, you're making a burger, not a meatball, so no pork, bread crumbs, or egg. Now seasoning, usually salt and pepper is fine, but I prefer to also add worchestershire sauce too it as well. Mix it in to the beef, then pull out some of the mix, ball it, then flatten, then set aside as a patty. I also like to clean up the edges by pressing them back into the main patty to prevent them from just falling off. Once you have all your patties formed, you cook them on a charcoal grill. The smoke from the charcoal makes for a better taste. Make sure your charcoals are greyed and mostly embers. Also ensure you have a hot side of the grill and a cool side of the grill. The hot side is directly over the coals, and used for searing, the cool side is used for actual cooking. Cook your burgers to your prefered temp, I like them a bit pink, but that's all preference. Put on bun, add toppings, and there you go. You can treat the buns by toasting them or adding butter or whatever, I usually find that you really don't need to.
>>
>>7860040
You mean those smashed burgers? You press them with an iron press while they're cooking on a high heat skillet or griddle. It gives them a much more crispy texture similar to a really cooked pork patty.
>>
File: 916291.jpg (207 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
916291.jpg
207 KB, 1000x1000
First, buy yourself one of these huge pic related spatulas.
Then, heat up a frying pan until it's almost smoking
Drop a ball of ground beef in and use the spatula to smash it flat.
Salt the top, immediately scrape it up, flip it and salt the other side.
Take a stick of butter, make two circles of melted butter in the frying pan and toast the bun in it.
When the buns start smoking, remove them and put all your toppings on them.
Flip the burger and put a slice of cheese on it
Immediately cover the frying pan for a minute
Uncover, cheese should be melted now, and put burger patty on bun
Eat up
>>
>>7860047
But >>7860031 doesn't sound horrifying at all. Just sounds like a normal ass burger, IMHFO, famalam.
>>
>smash the burger to let the crust form which gives it an intense beefy taste
>put fish sauce on the top for some more Umami

That's what I normally do. Of course there's some extra level shit you can do like bake your own Brioche buns, grind your own beef using a mix ratio of parts, make your own mayo/aioli, add in wasabi or something.

All I do is egg, fish sauce, smash burger and cheese on top. It's pretty much simple and delicious.
>>
>>7860087
this guy fucks
>>
File: brock-samson.gif (388 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
brock-samson.gif
388 KB, 200x150
https://www.cheeseandburger.com/
>>
File: GHT Sweet Happy Meal.jpg (926 KB, 1474x4985) Image search: [Google]
GHT Sweet Happy Meal.jpg
926 KB, 1474x4985
>>7860010
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.