[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what the /ck/ approved ramen?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: mi_goreng_0.jpg (61 KB, 704x396) Image search: [Google]
mi_goreng_0.jpg
61 KB, 704x396
what the /ck/ approved ramen?
>>
File: MQ6Z2iT.gif (797 KB, 250x141) Image search: [Google]
MQ6Z2iT.gif
797 KB, 250x141
>>7859640
I actually need to know this as well
>>
>>7859640

Shin Ramyun is good stuff.

Indo Me Mi Goreng is pretty entry level in my opinion, only a couple of notches above stuff like Maggi or whatever your local popular noodle is.

Look at http://www.theramenrater.com/ if you want to see what's out there, chances are you'll need to head to an Asian grocery though.
>>
>>7859640
How good is this stuff? I'm interested in maybe buying some and its got some good Amazon reviews
>>
>>7860389

It's pretty mediocre. For some reason a few people on /ck/ act like it's something special, and apparently Australians like it.
>>
>>7859640
Shin Ramyun is good, Sapporo Ichiban is okay.
>>
Buy fresh noodles separately (even the vietnamese are ok) and some kind of broth thing (like real miso or a readymade blend of some jap-sauce).

Unless you shop in walmart or whatever you the murican flyovers do.
>>
>>7860411
What makes you say it's mediocre, and what are we better similar options?
>>
I bought Shin Ramyun today from a grocery store, and realized it's made in Korea. Usually I only see the made in USA ones anywhere I go.

Is this the norm now? I live in Canada if that matters. The best before date was April 2017.
>>
>>7860437
Well it's ramen for starters.
>>
>>7861306
I heard that both the American and Korean produced ones are available, but I'm not sure
>>
QUICK

If I want to pan fry ramen do I cook it all the way first or half way?
>>
File: ramen1.jpg (56 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
ramen1.jpg
56 KB, 500x500
Has anyone tried this? I had some yesterday. It was good, but very spicy.
>>
shin ramyun
shin ramyun black if you wan't a rich/less spicy soup
>>
Neoguri's all I get
>>
>>7861539
You've tried it. I heard it's good, but very spicy.
>>
>>7861539
its the bee's knees if you don't mind fire hole the next morning.
>>
>>7859640
Nissin Cup Ramen
>>
>>7860389
Us Aussies love it.

Well, I used to but it's actually quite disgusting. Just don't eat it often or have two packets at once.
>>
>>7862027
or five packets at once with four scrambled eggs
>>
>>7859640
>tfw the only ramen ive ever had in my life was maruchan Chicken flavor that you put into a pot.
>>
>>7860411
>Australians like it.
Can confirm. Uses to put two of the chilli sachets in friends for shits and giggles.
>>
>>7859640
Certainly not that. Some flavors are better than others, but on the whole I find them salty and one-note. I like the MAMA Tom Yum ones the most. Spicy, with some lemon grass along with the shrimp seafood flavor. I also like Neoguri Spicy Seafood.

>>7861539
Couldn't bring myself to like it. I do like spice, but this was nothing but spice, and so much so that I couldn't taste anything else.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1936
>>
>>7859640
nissin has the best noodle texture period
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.