[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I truly love humus . And I make my own Add a litte garlic, cumin.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: feature-header17.jpg (408 KB, 610x405) Image search: [Google]
feature-header17.jpg
408 KB, 610x405
I truly love humus . And I make my own
Add a litte garlic, cumin. Paprika
Add. ...some ....guys:
>>
>>7858496
Try hummus ful. Basically you make a nice little perimeter with your humus and fill it with ful muddamas. Like a delicious swimming pool.
>>
>>7858652
turdception
>>
>>7858496
I don't dislike it but its definitely the most overrated dip only surpassed by guacamole.
>>
>>7858669
Stop eating the supermarket version. Make your own or go to a proper restaurant. I find that supermarket hummus is basically just ground chickpeas. It needs good tahini and lots of it. And spices obviously. Same with guacamole. The only guacamole that isn't fucking disgusting is home-made or from a good restaurant. Sometimes supermarket even cut it with cream to skimp out on the avocados.
>>
>>7858675
Yea I've only ever eaten it at restaurants and my first time ever having it was in Dubai. I know what "good" hummus taste like and I know what "good" guacamole taste like. Neither is bad but neither is that great either.
>>
>>7858669
>dip
ahahaha oh wow
>>
>>7858682
In that case, something's wrong amigo. Good hummus is fucking addictive, I could have that shit every day.

t. Not OP
>>
>>7858688
it's probably a pakistani laborer whose first taste of international food happened at dubai international airport as he was being deported for sweating on the freshly poured concrete and doesn't realize that dubai is pretty far from lebanon and lebbo food is the dubai version of "mexican" food in the US (bastardized, awful quality for catering and parties mostly)
>>
>>7858695
Yup exactly correct and not totally wrong
>>
>>7858695
To be fair, pakistani food is also pretty good.
>>
I love hummus too. I had a phase of making my own and trying to perfect it, because I just didn't want to keep spending five bucks on a container.

You need a helluva good blender to get smooth hummus and my ninja just wasn't good enough.

I don't get cumin in hummus desu even if it's the "right" way to do it.
>>
>>7858725
It's far too easy to use too much cumin. It's quite an overpowering flavour. I suppose you need to be very careful with it.
>>
>>7858496
Oh, I forgot the tahin, its essential.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.