[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Perfect grilling?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 75401045760877p.jpg (21 KB, 229x229) Image search: [Google]
75401045760877p.jpg
21 KB, 229x229
Ok, I bought this pan for grilling stuff.
I might have heated it to much, because it all got sticky on the pan.
I did oil it before
>>
>>7858352
>Grilling
>On the stove
>With oil

Fuck off, get an actual grill
>>
>>7858358
In my 2 room flat?
Sure
>>
>>7858363
Just crack a window :^)
>>
File: viper kill yourself my man.jpg (8 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
viper kill yourself my man.jpg
8 KB, 225x225
>>7858352
>dumbass buys grill pan
>doesn't season it or learn how to use if
>cooks with it and wonders why it's all oily and dirty
>>
>>7860380
Ok genius, I did oil it
Really , i bought it, didnt steal it
Ehm, where did the dirty part come in?
>>
>>7860439
So you fucking up the seasoning process

clean it and do it again

Also this isn't a fucking proper grill
>>
>>7860439
You bought a cast iron pan and didn't even season it or spend a couple minutes learning how to use it.
No, oiling a pan IS NOT seasoning it!
Seasoning a cast iron pan is putting a VERY LIGHT layer of oil that has a high smoke point on it and then taking the pan (usually in an oven) to around 500F so the oil polymerizes and forms a non stick coating. Do this a few times after you use some elbow grease to clean ALL the other shit off your pan and it should be fine.
>>
>>7860537
I did oil it before
Sir, at least read first post, it avoids misunderstandings.
But i like your input
>>
>>7860630
So I assume what everyone else is missng is that you aren't saying food is sticking to it, but there is a sticky residue? Sounds like you burned oil on it or tried to season it with too much oil which can leave that kind of residue.
>>
>>7860654
Sir, you again assume wrong. I did seasoned it, heatet up the pan (gad stove). My question was: did I heated it up to much? Or more oil is needed?
>>
>>7860669
>I did seasoned it

Describe the procedure you used to season it because I think you did it wrong.

Stickiness is a sign that you either used too much oil while seasoning, or you didn't heat it high enough during the seasoning process.
>>
>>7860669
>(gad stove)

there's your problem
probabaly to much gad
>>
>>7860703
Do we need you here?
>>
>>7860693
Cool.
Heated the thing up
Oiled it
Washed it in hot water (NO SOAP)
Oiled it again.
>>
>>7860722
You did it wrong

Oil it first. Then heat it up to a temperature ABOVE the smoke point of the oil that you used. Keep it there for a while.

Then let it cool down.
>>
File: 2-beret.jpg (115 KB, 315x389) Image search: [Google]
2-beret.jpg
115 KB, 315x389
>>7860717

yes because seasoning a cast iron pan is so easy
if you screw it up just redo it
and cook some bacon in that bad boy

it's cast iron, get it?
you really can't ruin it like you're trying to ruin this thread, ya tightasss
>>
>>7860748
Thanks for partakining.. Not rallying
>>
>>7860748
Who said you was a moron? I certaintly didnt
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.