[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just bought 2 jars of pic related, probably gonna make some skirt
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
Just bought 2 jars of pic related, probably gonna make some skirt steak marinated in it, or just use for dipping. First chimichurri sauce I've bought. Amazon reviews are all over the place on it, so was wondering if any body had tried it. Inb4 make your own you lazy fag. Also good all purpose sauce general.
>>
it's good enough, your own would be better because freshness counts but I'm sure you'll be happy. I usually just use chimi as a sauce for bare cooked steak but you can definitely use it as a marinade, I just prefer to control how much flavor I get from it
>>
>>7856148
Nope, do your own dude, those canned chimichurri are pig disgusting and nothing like the real one (argie here). But to make the real chimi the most important you need is "aji molido/triturado" it's an argentinian dry and crushed red chili. Check you local "latin" store. The rest of ingridients are everywhere.
>>
I find chimichurri to be quite mediocre

Don't know why Argies keep adding it to their meats
>>
Badia is what the poorest of the poor dominicans buy

There is literally no excuse not to make your own chimichurri, this isn't like spaghetti sauce where once it's cooked, it's fine forever in a jar

You need the fresh flavor of fresh chopped leaves
>>
>>7856754
We actualy are not cary about it, we mostly eat it with choripan. Not so much with asado/meat.
>>
>>7856760
is it true that you cunts eat more meat than Muricans?
>>
>>7856777
Probably in the past with our current economy I doubt it. But when we eat asado we eat only meat maybe very little salad but nothing more.
>>
>>7856803
Kirchnerista sorete
>>
>>7856148
As a marinade you'll be alright with this (kind of akin to buying jarred jerk marinade, it simply isn't done). But chimichurri is best as a condiment on grilled skirt steak for the fire of chili (not flakes a red serrano), and raw garlic, herbal notes from fresh herbs, and using your best fragrant olive oil. It only takes a moment to whirl up and is really the feature of the meal. To enhance this storebought version into a fresh condiment both, add some chopped garlic and cilantro, I'd say. Of the three herbs parsley and oregano are so-so when not fresh, but cilantro loses the most punch.

>>7856756
>Badia is what the poorest of the poor dominicans buy
Badia isn't some "cheapass" brand, it's priced right, nothing more, nothing less. It's my go to brand for saffron, and whole nutmeg, incidentally.
>>
>people buy jarred chimichurri

literally just buy some parsley, cilantro, vinegar, and olive oil

actually I'm looking for a authentic recipe from an actual argie, can anyone supply? Thanks, I will need a Fresh argie or /lat/ meme as proof of your nationality. Gracias.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.