[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, any of you already tried to mix your Gin and Tonic with a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: EARLGREYGINANDTONIC.jpg (590 KB, 1264x1543) Image search: [Google]
EARLGREYGINANDTONIC.jpg
590 KB, 1264x1543
So, any of you already tried to mix your Gin and Tonic with a bag of Earl Grey? If you didn't you should.

Also, what's your favourite brand of gin?
>>
>>7855066
So like, just putting a bag of Earl Gray in my G&T? Or loose leaf tea? Explain.
>>
>>7855233
Make the earl grey in gun sort of like a sun tea. You get a tea infused gin and make a G&T+T.

Not bad, though I prefer lemon and club soda over tonic and lime
>>
File: CitadelleGinNew2.jpg (921 KB, 4992x6666) Image search: [Google]
CitadelleGinNew2.jpg
921 KB, 4992x6666
I haven't tried many gins, usually go for Hendricks but I tried pic related the other day because it was cheaper, not bad.

been wanting to try infusing earl grey into gin though, gonna do it soon.
>>
>>7855233
>>7855267
>>7855255

OP here
I usually put some of the mixer in a glass with the tea bag and then put ice and pour the gin. After putting the dose of gin, complete with the mixer. Although I have already infused the gin with tea, I find it a bit overpowering, making the gin itself lose its characteristics.

Bulldog and Hendricks are my favourites but I can also go with Tanqueray if need be
>>
I make earl grey simple syrup. This sounds pretty good too op.
>>
>>7855066
>schweppes

please don't
>>
>>7855066
no but that sounds interesting op. hendrick's is the answer.
>>
>>7856209
This. Might as well pour your g&t down the toilet
>>
>>7856209
>>7856736
schweppes is great, EU and US versions are different though
>>
Earl Grey has one of the best scents to it out of everything I have ever smelled in my life. I wish candle makers would just make an Earl Grey scented candle or something.
>>
>>7856209
>>7856736
Schweppes image just to exemplify tonic water. Not necessarily that brand

>>7856859
Very much agreed. Tea is not a big thing in Brazil, where I'm from. Most people don't even know what Earl Grey is.
>>
>>7856859

You could easily make an Earl Grey candle at home. Candlemaking is a simple hobby and there are lots of kits (etc. ) for doing it. All you need to do is melt wax, add in whatever colors and scents you want, then pour it into a mold and let it cool.

Earl Grey gets its scent from oil of bergamot, which you can readily buy. Just add a few drops to the candle wax.
>>
>>7855066
Sacred. Tanqueray No. 10 is also pretty good (better than the normal one). Hendricks if I fancy a cucumbery change. Chase make a damn good vodka but a bad gin. I will drink Bombay Sapphire in a pinch, or Beefeater if I want a London dry, but not Gordon's.

I don't think I'd ever put it with Earl Grey. Bergamot with it? Not a good combination to me. Also, Twining's isn't a great Earl Grey anymore, they did the unthinkable and changed the recipe.

Fever Tree tonic water. I don't know why you'd go with anything less.
>>
>>7857121
you are awesome and I am going to try this. Thank you.
>>
>>7856773
Don't know about the US version, but EU version is utter shit. it's the bottom of the barrel, the Captain Morgan of tonic water, the cartonized wine sort of shit.
>>
>>7858096
This is what I was thinking. Here in the UK it tastes kind of artificial and syrup-y. Fever tree is my go to. Their Mediterranean one pairs especially nicely with some Gins.
>>
File: 1308010397742.jpg (6 KB, 210x173) Image search: [Google]
1308010397742.jpg
6 KB, 210x173
>>7855066
>mix it with tea that tastes like fucking fruit loops

no thanks
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.