[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I know making chili from scratch would be the best option, but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: img_0819.jpg (2 MB, 2448x2844) Image search: [Google]
img_0819.jpg
2 MB, 2448x2844
I know making chili from scratch would be the best option, but when time is an issue, what are the best quick and easy chili kits, packets, etc....?

Pic probably not related.
>>
File: s-l300.jpg (30 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
s-l300.jpg
30 KB, 300x300
>>7854518

For reference, McCormick Hot is my current fave.
>>
The illusion of convenience
>>
File: ChiliFixins_az.png (651 KB, 550x1000) Image search: [Google]
ChiliFixins_az.png
651 KB, 550x1000
This shit right here aint bad
>>
>>7854518
I always use this, it's the best chili I've ever had.
>>
>>7854518
>>Time

Seems silly. The time taken to make chili is mostly in the simmering of the chili itself. That's the same whether you use a packet or a homemade spice blend. Using a packet like this saves you what, 5 minutes tops? And then you still have a long simmering time after that.
>>
File: tabasco.jpg (153 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
tabasco.jpg
153 KB, 600x600
I always have a jar of this on hand. It's the spices, onion, garlic, tomatoes, peppers, etc. all in one go. Tell the butcher you want a pound of ground beef for chili, and he'll give it a coarse grind.
>>
>>7854550
Not OP, but what I've found makes a great chili is bringing everything up right to the boil, turning the heat down immediately, simmering for 30 minutes stirring often to incorporate everything well, and letting it sit overnight in the fridge. Almost everybody agrees it's better the next day, and I think the reason might be that the meat relaxes and reabsorbs the surrounding spice-saturated liquid. Everything has a chance to meld. You'll need a longer cook time to break down huge chunks of beef, of course, but time's not adding flavor.
>>
>>7854518
>instant chili
>not baked beans

why must you hurt yourself so, anon?
>>
>>7854592

yep, just let it sit overnight - the effect is kind of like confit.
>>
>>7854518
>when time is an issue
wtf dude? those chili "kits" are just a seasoning packet, how long does it take you to open a couple of jars and season yo chili?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.