[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so my chicken breast says best if used or frozen by june 15th.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: twingo plushie.jpg (235 KB, 1249x1339) Image search: [Google]
twingo plushie.jpg
235 KB, 1249x1339
so my chicken breast says best if used or frozen by june 15th. It was just in the fridge this whole time and I just opened it and it smells funny. just put it in the oven.

am I gonna die?

tl;dr chicken is 20 days past expiration date and is in the oven cooking right now. what should I do?

pls respond
>>
>>7854251
Dates are far from exact, but 20 days past is not good.

Smells funny is a bad thing. Throw it out.
>>
>>7854251
It's gonna taste like shit and might give you diarreah. You probably won't get salmonela from it if you cook it well, though.
>>
>>7854253

but i alreayd put a bunch of seasoning and have it in the oven. what if I cook it really really long?
>>
>>7854256

I already told you my answer. Why do you want me to repeat myself?
>>
>>7854255

what if I cook it till its like burnt? would I still get sick?
>>
>>7854256
Then it will be really dry
Also you will probably have at the very least diahrrea
I'm not too strict about (my personal) foodsafety but even I would not eat that. Just throw it out OP.
>>
>>7854257

should I just kill myself?

I want chicken and it cost me like $5
>>
>>7854258

Cooking it to hell will kill bacteria. But many bacteria leave behind toxins which survive the heat.

Throw it out.
>>
>>7854258
Yes you cheap idiot just throw it away
>>
OP here

r u all just trolling me to make me waste my chicken?

what should I eat? I'm hungry friend-pai's
>>
If you aren't going to take anyone's advice, why ask? just fuck off, eat your bacteria-infested mess of a dead bird and die.

If this is what you're like to people you know outside of 4chan, then no one will miss you anyway.
>>
>>7854251
Throw it out. Who has time for food poisoning? If some reason this thing had something horrible on it, e.coli or salmonella, it's had a long time to multiply and get icky. Little known fact is that cooking bacteria just to kill it doesn't address the spoilage of the meat itself, and the toxins released by dead bacteria. Just chuck it. Next time only keep raw chicken 48 hours, or freeze it. Those dates are for the store really, and they are cold-storing much colder than your fridge, almost a frozen state. That little thaw they did when they put it out for sale, as well as the warm-up on your trip around the store in the basket and your car ride home increase the problem. Ever hear how you shouldn't refreeze thawed meat? Danger zone, that's why.
>>
File: 20160706_132153.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160706_132153.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
>>7854289

Wow rood. I really don't have any friends desu desu

Here's my chicken. Guess I'll eat some peanut butter with no bread or just not eat today
>>
>>7854306
>Ever hear how you shouldn't refreeze thawed meat? Danger zone, that's why.

While I agree with most of your post, that part is wrong. Re-freezing meat isn't dangerous from a bacterial perspective, rather it fucks with the texture of the meat due to drip loss.
>>
will u guys donate money to me im hungry
>>
>>7854251
I would not eat any meat that smelled funny raw. Dates don't matter so much, but the nose knows.
>>
>>7854309

You make it sound like it's our fault you're not great at stocking your pantry
>>
>>7854347
>the nose knows.

It sure does goy
>>
>>7854355

but it is your fault senpai
>>
File: 20160706_141945.jpg (2 MB, 2241x3984) Image search: [Google]
20160706_141945.jpg
2 MB, 2241x3984
jelly? thank you for forcing me to buy pizza

the driver literally said "no tip huh?"

I just looked at him and didnt say anything lol
>>
>>7854309
That's some classic 'go 'za right there
>>
>>7854434
If he actually said that you should have spit on his shoes and slammed the door in his face
>>
>>7854264
You should kill yourself because you sound like a pathetic loser whose life is pointless
>>
>>7854548
Agreed, and then reported to his boss that one of their drivers is a dickhead who has made you not want to order from them again.
>>
>>7854357
Fuck off, /pol/, you have to be a certain kind of stupid to find these conspiracy theories funny
>>
>>7854251
will i die if i eat rotting flesh? answer that for urself anon
>>
>>7854434
Those fries look dry as shit
>>
>>7854434
You are so casually cheap it's almost charming
>>
disgusting
>>
>>7854548
>>7855055
holy shit what awful people you are
stop being so fucking cheap
>>
>>7854251
>so my chicken breast says best if used or frozen by june 15th
NO CHICKEN BREAST TELLS ME WHAT TO DO
FUCK THAT BREAST WITH YOUR PENIS AND EJACULATE WHIPPING CREAM ON IT AN SAUTÉ IT TO PERFECTION AND THEN SERVE TO THE ELDERLY.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.