[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help me out /ck/ I'm trying to make pulled beef. I have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 0
Help me out /ck/
I'm trying to make pulled beef.
I have a 4kg round roast. I marinadet it yesterday with some rubs, cognac and needle injected it with 6% salt solution.
So what's next?
I've made pulled pork before and it came out fine but beef is much dryer. Is there something I should bare in mind?
>>
pls
>>
>>7854108
>I'm trying to make pulled beef.
This isn't a thing. BBQ some beef ribs, or smoke some brisket. Round? Oh man. That isn't going to pull at all. You could have braised some chuck roast however, and pulled into chunks for saucing.

Try turning your roast into a fun recipe for ropa vieja or vaca frita, might achieve your idea for saucey shreds of meat without overpowering it with BBQ flavors.
>>
>>7854200
What the fuck? Why is round roast not good for pulled beef?
I'm trying to make tacos.
>>
>>7854206
You missed one vital element in your post.. How exactly are you cooking this thing?
Round will probably be fine, but tell us how you're doing it.
>>
>>7854108
Beef isn't drier than pork, but your cut is meant for braising or slicing thin and pounding. If you intend to make meat for tacos, you'd have used brisket, chuck or even flank, and braised it in an barbacoa adobo you made from freshly pureed dried chilies, onions, garlic, tomatoes. You wanted advice, and you bought a cut suited for something else. A baked round roast is going to be tough as fuck if it not slow cooked in liquid for about 3 hours. This is why it's always inexpensive. It's not fat marbled and isn't fast.
>>
>>7854218
I was going to burn it shut on the frying pan and then place it into the oven for about 8 or so ours.
>>
>>7854223
Time is not an issue at all. I have 2 days to cook this thing before the party.
>>
>>7854108
I would go with either a long, slow smoking, or leave it in a crockpot until it falls apart. Either way chuck would have been a much better cut.

I've made pulled beef a few times with chuck roasts, turns out great. Beef cheek is good too for that sort of thing. Round is too lean to come apart easily.
>>
>>7854226
Yeah just baste it and cover with foil.
Like anon said, wrong cut, but if you keep it well moistened it should be usable.
Probably better off with a crock pot half full of liquid. Cook, drain 90% of the liquid, shred beef, add taco seasoning, stir it up and give it another hour simmer.

If you have to do it in the oven, you're going to have a tough cut, so baste frequently.
>>
>>7854238
>>7854240

Thanks guys. The roast costed about 36 €uro dollars, so I better make it count.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 0

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.