[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Clear Ice Cubes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 1
File: ice-cubes-clear.jpg (41 KB, 654x314) Image search: [Google]
ice-cubes-clear.jpg
41 KB, 654x314
I want a fast way to make, say, 1000 perfectly clear ice cubes in a week.
I was thinking of the top-down freezing method because it seems efficient and not time consuming.
What do you anons suggest?
>>
You can either do it fast, or you can do it right. It's up to your discretion.
>>
>>7853165
How do you recommend making them, my good sir?
>>
Aren't clear cubes just devoid of excess air?
>>
>>7853199
Yes
>>
>>7853152
Why do you need these anyways
>>
>>7853207
So let it sit in the fridge then move it to the freezer?
>>
Take a cooler small enough to fit in your freezer. Fill with water and put it in lidless. Remove it when there's still an inch of water unfrozen at the bottom (time varies by freezer and cooler size). Empty out the water.

Cut ice into desired shapes with a knife you don't mind ruining.

If you are lazy and have money, buy an ice chest.
>>
isn't there some trick with using hot water or something?
>>
Boil the water and freeze it.

Clear ice cubes.
>>
>>7853231
Tried it, doesn't work. Although, I think I was supposed to cover the ice tray with seran rap....
>>
>>7853227
No you are thinking of making it freeze faster
>>
>>7853217
Thank you, my good sir
:)
>>7853208
They look much nicer than cloudy ice cubes
>>
>>7853152
http://www.instructables.com/id/make-crystal-clear-ice!/?ALLSTEPS

Idiot
>>
You need distilled water.

You need to boil it first.
>>
>>7853285
Yeah, let me just boil 1000 ice cubes worth of water. twice.
> efficient and not time consuming
>>
You have to put a few cap fulls of bleach in your ice tray to make crystal clear ice cubes
>>
>>7853276
>>7853152
>>7853217

I just use a regular pan. It freezes from the bottom up.

And I use a screwdriver instead of a knife to get irregular shapes, but if you want specific shapes, you just need to score it with a serrated blade.
>>
>>7853272
>Tried it, doesn't work.
congrats, you literally failed at boiling water. I bet you microwaved it
>>
>>7853314
it is efficient and not time consuming. Not sure why you think otherwise, and worse, why you refuse it, since it's the answer you asked.
>>
>>7853440
Boiling water and then freezing it doesn't actually work the way you think it does
Just google any video made by a bartender
here's one to start
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUHcCHbgX_o
>>
>>7853302
Distilled water isn't safe for drinking
>>
>>7853463
In what way?
>>
>>7853463
lol wut
>>
>>7853463
Distilled water is perfectly safe to drink.

What you shouldn't do is drink gallons of distilled water and nothing else.
>>
>>7853476
>>7853470
>>7853466

The bottles all say "not safe for drinking"
>>
>>7853479
Wait maybe I'm thinking of de mineralised water
>>
>>7853476

Why?
>>
>>7853479
Use your brain man!
>>
>>7853486
You can die
>>
>>7853486
Distilled water is "pure" water; the salts have been removed. Which means if you drink a lot of it, and nothing else, you will remove essential electrolytes (they're what plants crave) from your body.
>>
This thread is making me so fucking hard.
>>
>>7853479
No they don't, you're retarded.
Distillation is an extremely basic purification process and has also been used to desalinate seawater for thousands of years.

Demineralized water can be unsafe if you run it through a municipal water supply but only because it leeches metals from the pipes more readily.
>>
>>7853514
Wrong:
http://elua.com/2013/11/is-demineralized-water-safe-drinking-water/
>>
>>7853530
Fuck you.
>>
>>7853530
Could you not have at least linked to the WHO article he cites, rather than that twatty rambling blog post?

http://www.who.int/water_sanitation_health/dwq/nutrientschap12.pdf
>>
>>7853530

Fuck off, shill.
>>
>>7853538
I didn't even read it desu
>>
>>7853463
The super low concentration of solutes wil give you explosive shits, shouldnt matter if you use them as icecubes tho
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.