[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/ck/ line cook here, working in a corporate chain. I begin training
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1417258687015.jpg (98 KB, 640x630) Image search: [Google]
1417258687015.jpg
98 KB, 640x630
/ck/
line cook here, working in a corporate chain. I begin training tomorrow to transition into a role in management.

How fucked am I?

Also industry general i guess.
>>
>>7852092

enjoy 70 hours a week for $30,000/yr you fucking slave chump bitch
>>
>>7852124
thanks. fortunately i live in a state that just changed the minimum salary for OT exemption to 47k

but yea i know entry level salary is a joke.
>>
foh here. did like $1300 in sales yesterday and walked out with $450 in tips (before i had to tip out lazy ass bussers)
>>
>>7852201
damn son. what kind of operation do you work for?
>>
>>7852227
an upscale mexican restaurant in downtown austin with a lot of expensive tequilas and mescals. it's a total tourist trap but we are always busy and it's a steady fat paycheck.
>>
>>7852092
currently apprentice chef/cook (not sure about the difference in english?) in a luxuary hotel in vienna. The job and the people is amazing, the industry, pay and managment are shit. Right now I enjoy it though.
>>
>>7852409
story of my life. I'll miss cooking with my boys BOH, but i need to prepare for some kind of stable future.
>>
>>7852500
any thoughts how you're gonna go about it?
I'm thinking about working for 4 years then going to university working weekends, because I'd get 450,- monthly as living help from the state if I study after being self-sufficient for 4 years.
>>
File: 1296403397509.png (324 KB, 444x522) Image search: [Google]
1296403397509.png
324 KB, 444x522
Not really sure what "management" looks like for a line cook working at a corporate restaurant chain. I work in the defense industry and have an MBA, and I'm getting the impression that >>7852124 is probably right
>>
>>7852523
i have no idea what im doing. I entertain notions of working for an upscale joint, but i know im being naive.
>>
>>7852537
why are you even here?
you listed your (non culinary) career and education, then agreed with another poster.
way to contribute nothing to the discussion.
>>
>>7852591
No need to run damage control. If you don't want the perspective of someone who makes a lot of money in management, then you've already told the thread everything we needed to know about your career prospects.
>>
>>7852565
You work way harder and don't get paid any more. It's even more of a bad decision than getting into the industry in general.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.